• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
It cannot b A becuz minimum momentum needed 2 stop da ball is 2mv
If it wuz B den da ball wud stop at da wall becuz all momentum wud b removed.
D is wrong becuz momentum is conserved here
C is correct becuz inital p = 2mv , final p = mv , so da ball has lost momentum but it still rebounded :)
Oh shits I dint read the question properly... Collision is inelastic.
Here you go :)
initial momentum of the ball is 2mv before collision... if collision was perfectly elastic one, all the momentum would have been gained by the ball... and this would have made the change in the momentum equal to 4mv.. 2mv-(-2mv)... now it is given that collision is inelastic, it will lose some of its momentum to the wall.. so now change in momentum will be less than 4mv but cant be less than the initial momentum... so the answer is C.

Reaction score
It cannot b A becuz minimum momentum needed 2 stop da ball is 2mv
If it wuz B den da ball wud stop at da wall becuz all momentum wud b removed.
D is wrong becuz momentum is conserved here
C is correct becuz inital p = 2mv , final p = mv , so da ball has lost momentum but it still rebounded :)
Pf cant be less than Pi in inelastic... don't you think so ? Or I am wrong ?

Reaction score
Oh shits I dint read the question properly... Collision is inelastic.
Here you go :)
initial momentum of the ball is 2mv before collision... if collision was perfectly elastic one, all the momentum would have been gained by the ball... and this would have made the change in the momentum equal to 4mv.. 2mv-(-2mv)... now it is given that collision is inelastic, it will lose some of its momentum to the wall.. so now change in momentum will be less than 4mv but cant be less than the initial momentum... so the answer is C.
Thankyou