• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Assalam Alaikum.
In phy P52 today my Q1 went well Alhumdulillah, but Q2 went terrible. I found it difficult and also couldn't manage my time very well.
I had an A in As level and all 3 papers went fine. I had A's in all 3 components too.
Paper 42 was good too.
Is it still possible for me to get an A*?
Even if I get a B in P5?
My teacher said A's were necessary in all 5 component papers to score an A*.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
Please reply.

Reaction score
Assalam Alaikum.
In phy P52 today my Q1 went well Alhumdulillah, but Q2 went terrible. I found it difficult and also couldn't manage my time very well.
I had an A in As level and all 3 papers went fine. I had A's in all 3 components too.
Paper 42 was good too.
Is it still possible for me to get an A*?
Even if I get a B in P5?
My teacher said A's were necessary in all 5 component papers to score an A*.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
Please reply.
yes provided that your paper 4 is a high A to make up for paper 5.

Reaction score
EXPLAIN WHAT IS MEANT BY A WAVE WITH CONSTANT PATH DIFFERENCE BUT ALTERNATING PHASE DIFFERENCE
PLS HELP OK THANK U
;-;

Reaction score
guys in the doppler effect question.....i used - instead of + (automatically meaning my final answer and the next part of the questions are wrong) so total of 5...how many marks will i lose? And one more doubt, i didnt round my values (because i solved fm18 yesterday and the ms accepted unrounded answers) so is it fine?

Reaction score
guys in the doppler effect question.....i used - instead of + (automatically meaning my final answer and the next part of the questions are wrong) so total of 5...how many marks will i lose? And one more doubt, i didnt round my values (because i solved fm18 yesterday and the ms accepted unrounded answers) so is it fine?
If you have written the formula, then a mark will be awarded but I don't know about the remaining ones...and was it linked to any further part? I don't think so
They accept answers having the same no. of significant figures or 1 more than that...otherwise the A1 mark is lost

Reaction score
I got the pd across the 15 ohms resistor wrond and thus, got my reistance also wrong.. but the method i have followed is correct. How much do u think i will get out of 3 ?

Reaction score
If you have written the formula, then a mark will be awarded but I don't know about the remaining ones...and was it linked to any further part? I don't think so
They accept answers having the same no. of significant figures or 1 more than that...otherwise the A1 mark is lost
no there was a further question which was theoretical
and the answer was frequency decreases (ofc i did the opposite cuz of my answer)

Reaction score
What was the angle of momentum question, i got 60 something and what about the question about What type of energy Y gained

Reaction score
What was the angle of momentum question, i got 60 something and what about the question about What type of energy Y gained
61 degrees.. Kinetic energy gained
how did you all find this paper? I found it pretty tough compared to a few other papers.. but i think my score will just touch 50
also, could someone please please tell me whether this is the correct way to calculate our final grade or not :
MCQ score + p2 score + p3 * 0.75 + p4 + p5 .. lets say that the threshold says that 200 is required for A*,, now if all of these scores add up to , say , 201.. it will be an A* right? lol I am just a bit confused because I saw someone comment that " a total score of 218 might just touch A * " in a thread

Reaction score
61 degrees.. Kinetic energy gained
how did you all find this paper? I found it pretty tough compared to a few other papers.. but i think my score will just touch 50
also, could someone please please tell me whether this is the correct way to calculate our final grade or not :
MCQ score + p2 score + p3 * 0.75 + p4 + p5 .. lets say that the threshold says that 200 is required for A*,, now if all of these scores add up to , say , 201.. it will be an A* right? lol I am just a bit confused because I saw someone comment that " a total score of 218 might just touch A * " in a thread
Oh yeah it was 61 i remember now and yeah it was sort of tough