• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
freakymishz said:
anahita16 said:
Seriously...if, If, IF anyone did know that, wud he/she dare post it? Exams wud be meaningless then :p
Better ask wat MAY come up, that's more likely to give us an answer!

GUESS there'd be an electricity practical and oscillation one!!! that's wat may come up!! Just a few more hours left posting.php?mode=quote&f=26&p=136983#
Good luck to everyone :)
posting.php?mode=quote&f=26&p=136983#

few hours for you but 2 weeks for me 8)

I fnk electricity n mechanics component. so electricity is common here...

Reaction score
Hey,
Can someone help me out with physics, paper5 O/N 2007 Q1, by drawing the diagram? Cause i"m not pretty sure of it.
Thanks

Reaction score
The mass of proton is given on the data sheet. simply multiply it by the mass number of Uranium 238. (mass of neutron and proton equal)
7c ii) mean density = mass / volume mass already known form part i) , volume of the sphere (atom) formula applied. 4/3 pie r ^3 to calculate the volume, substitute in the equation. . . . so easy use ms. :|

q.16) water has a higher density then ice so density will increase and the atoms spacing will decrease as ice is contracting, pressure is applied to it although the volume remains same.

34. D as ammeter is not connected in series with any resister, it is given a separate path from P to Q hence max current will flow.

Reaction score
wat abt 3 and 34 ??
how can the density of water can be greater than ice like is there any concept behind it !!!

thanks alot :)

Reaction score
welcome ,i can't figure out what will be the wavelength in 3 :D, but dre has to be some way u need to calculate the total waves divided by total distance covered then multiply length of one wave by time base setting, nd taking period inverse,
34. no solid concept but the point charge is already in the field so no work done in moving it from p to q. it doesn't need to be brought up from infinity its already in the electric field so no work done. 0 hence option A.

Why can't be? :/ its a natural special property of water, it has a higher density that's why ice floats :D marine animals survive bla bla. Wikipedia it for further detail. use the thanks button at the right hand corner :)

Reaction score
thnku bro but i want to ask when inside in an electric field a point charge moves a particular distance so isnt a work done as the force is constantly acting on it ??

Reaction score
^^its 29th mcq not 34 i got it somehow ! E is same through out and r as well so no change in the distance and force acting on the charge when it travels from P to Q, hence work done remains zero ! yeah hurray!! :/

Reaction score
Why values of gravitational potential are always negative whereas values of electric potential may be positive or negative?
what other reasons other than 1-gravitational forces are always attractive & 2-electric forces can be attractive or repulsive. ?
thanks

Reaction score
@ambitious 1 this is only for you.

you know the inverse square law for great distances 1/x*2 is zero so enery is zero.
when a body is attracted it losses its potential to attract other objects towards itself for this reason its potential to attreact objects becomes less than the original value and original value is zero anything less than zero will be negative.
i have now explained your point of attracting field.

but in electrical case positive charge exerts an outward force on the test charge.(test charge is always positive taken as standard) so repulsion occurs . if the object (charge) comes close to +ve charge from infinity than its working against the force so additional force is required for force energy is also required. so the required energy is greater than the original value which is zero so in case of positive charge energy is taken to be positive.

IF YOU LIKED MY EXPLANATION AND UNDERSTANDS IT. SAY THANKS TO ME.

Reaction score
5 a i) fig 5.2 as the spring is at at the greatest height as compared to the others spring, g.p increases with the height.

7a ii ) 1. F = E q , 2. distance is L ( the plate length) speed is v ) so L / v= t formula to be used.

7 b iii) my take is that the linear momentum does not obeys as the particles direction i.e velocity is continuesly changing as it moves between the plates. p is not same as before entering the plates. can't get the other scenario which says it obeys the law!!!!

Reaction score
in 5a(i) fig 5.3 spring has the grearest height so wouldnt it hav the max potential energy ???

Reaction score
^^no greatest height from the floor i mean. 5.2 being raised vertically to achieve its unextended length so highest g.p acting on it...others springs are closer to the floor

Reaction score
Abdulrab said:
in 5a(i) fig 5.3 spring has the grearest height so wouldnt it hav the max potential energy ???
dude use the latest Cambridge endorsed physics book , it really make easier to understand the concepts. i will highly recommend it !

Reaction score
no its not on website. u gotta buy it from book store! notes hmm find the threads here for physics notes. u will get plenty. Search!