• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Check this file . It will help u tackle physics practical as a whole//

Attachments

• Physics P3 in 5 minutes.pdf
    88.7 KB · Views: 169
Reaction score
babycry said:
guys help needed,

http://xtremepapers.net/CIE/index.php?d ... _qp_13.pdf

question 9 from oct/nov 2010 paper 13:

9 A body, initially at rest, explodes into two masses M1 and M2 that move apart with speeds v1 and v2 respectively.
What is the ratio v1/v2?

thanks

Use the momentum equation m1v1+m2v2=m1u1+m2u2
The initial velocity is 0 while the final direction of the final velocities is opposite to each other as the masses move away so we will use a negative sign.
M1V1-M2V2=0
M1V1=M2V2
V1/V2=M2/V2

Hence, answer is B.

Reaction score
the practical file is a corrupted file !!! please upload it again !!! its not opening !! thanks

Reaction score
yes sir.. the answer is B...
precise reading means that each reading obtained must be close to each other.. it has no concern with the original answer... and accurate reading means nearer to the correct value...
for example .. if original diameter is 50cm. and u have calculated 10.1cm, 10.2cm 10.1cm .. then ur answer is precise but not accurate.... and if your reading are like 40cm 50cm 60cm them the mean value is 50 (40 + 50 +60)/3 ... the answer is then said to be accurate but not precise.. i hope you are clear with this...

here each reading is precise to 1mm ( that is the difference between largest and the smallest value ) but the mean value is 891.5 .. ( sum of all values divided by total number of values = 6) .. 891.5 has a difference of 3.5mm from the original value (895mm) so its not correct to 1mm from the original value(895)... so the answer is B...

this is all i can do for u sir..:p

Reaction score
u hav answered the wrong question my answer was about the uncertainity question of speed !!! anyways thanks :) but although i know thiss

Reaction score
ohh.. dear that was question no 5 not 6... u have given the wrong question num there..

Reaction score
Seriously...if, If, IF anyone did know that, wud he/she dare post it? Exams wud be meaningless then :p
Better ask wat MAY come up, that's more likely to give us an answer!

Reaction score
Coil Question . . .

I'm having problems with imagining the picture of this coil in mind: "A coil made up of 200 turns of a wire is in a square form, with equal sides, of course"

I'd be grateful to anyone who can draw a diagram(it's not necessary to show 200 turns - I just want to get an idea) of this and attach it over here. . .

Reaction score
Hi, everyone!! tmr im going 2 sit 4 AS level paper 3.. but i dunno hw 2 connect AC power supply... can u pls refer to o/n 2006 paper 3, 9702?? thx!! pls help me..

Reaction score
pls i need help in this question:
in 2 a i
suppose i get

by using meter rule
i measure d by repeating and finding the average value

but what will be the range of estimated uncertainty to calculate the percentage uncertainty.....
and will the percentage uncertainty be halved due to repetition??

PLS I NEED HELP

Attachments

• Untitledv.png
    Untitledv.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 161
Reaction score
Re: Coil Question . . .

Zishi said:
I'm having problems with imagining the picture of this coil in mind: "A coil made up of 200 turns of a wire is in a square form, with equal sides, of course"

I'd be grateful to anyone who can draw a diagram(it's not necessary to show 200 turns - I just want to get an idea) of this and attach it over here. . .

Attachments

• coil.jpg
    coil.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 103
Reaction score
Re: Coil Question . . .

princesszahra said:
Zishi said:

Thanks