• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I'm going to appear for my AS LEVEL exams next month.....can anyone plzzz give me sm tips to score maximum marks in P1

Reaction score
I'm going to appear for my AS LEVEL exams next month.....can anyone plzzz give me sm tips to score maximum marks in P1
solve all the past papers of all variants
atleast from 2002 onwards
memorise the methods of difficult ques
in bio most mcqs r repeated
practice completing the mcqs within the time limit
move on to the next mcq if u cant understand a particular mcq once as the time limit is short and mark it
do the difficult ques in the end ..dont waste time on them or ull end up losing 3 to 4 marks after a single mark
• Attempt all questions – a mark is not deducted for a wrong answer.
• Use the space on the examination paper to write down clear working for each question. If you try to do too much working solely on your calculator or in your head, you will make mistakes – many of the wrong answers to a question can be reached by manipulating the data in a plausible, but incorrect, way.
• Carefully consider every one of the four possible answers before making your final decision as to which one is correct – although you may initially think that the first or second option is the right answer you will need to look at all four before the correct answer becomes clear
For Physics:-
mmmmmmmmmmm.PNG
kkkk.PNG
hope it helps :)

Reaction score
solve all the past papers of all variants
atleast from 2002 onwards
memorise the methods of difficult ques
in bio most mcqs r repeated
practice completing the mcqs within the time limit
move on to the next mcq if u cant understand a particular mcq once as the time limit is short and mark it
do the difficult ques in the end ..dont waste time on them or ull end up losing 3 to 4 marks after a single mark
• Attempt all questions – a mark is not deducted for a wrong answer.
• Use the space on the examination paper to write down clear working for each question. If you try to do too much working solely on your calculator or in your head, you will make mistakes – many of the wrong answers to a question can be reached by manipulating the data in a plausible, but incorrect, way.
• Carefully consider every one of the four possible answers before making your final decision as to which one is correct – although you may initially think that the first or second option is the right answer you will need to look at all four before the correct answer becomes clear
For Physics:-
View attachment 60279
View attachment 60280
hope it helps :)
thanks

Reaction score
1. how many significant figures should I use in my final answer? sometimes its 2 and sometimes its 3, i am not sure when to use which (paper 4 and paper 5)
2. can someone explain why the uplink has a different frequency than the downlink? I dont understand the "swamping"

Reaction score
upload_2016-4-13_9-31-44.png
why can't the ans be A..... why it is B
helppp plzzz
thanks in advance:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Need help in phy 9702 may June 13 QP 41 question 5 c ii)
How do we find the average emf?
the induced emf is proportional to the rate of change of flux'
thus emf = change in flux / time
the current first reaches a value of zero and then flows in the opposite direction to flow in a reversed direction
thus, the magnetic flux linkage is marked as a doubled value
so,(2 × 3.0 × 10–3) / 0.80 = 7.4 × 10–3V

Reaction score
2. can someone explain why the uplink has a different frequency than the downlink? I dont understand the "swamping"
the uplink frequency is a tiny fraction of signal transmitted from the earth...the satellite regenerates and amplifies it an transmits it to earth at a different frequency..
This allows it to effectively receive and re-transmit information without risk of overlap or mixed reception with the received signal

Reaction score
9702 oct nov 13 qp 42 Q6 c ii )
need help in drawing the path of the particles. i can't understand the mark scheme. A drawing might help.

Reaction score
9702 oct nov 13 qp 42 Q6 c ii )
need help in drawing the path of the particles. i can't understand the mark scheme. A drawing might help.
upload_2016-4-13_18-40-14.png
According to flemings left hand rule, the force will be downwards. So in magnetic field region, it will be a curve and out it will be straight.

Reaction score
Cam someone please explain the use of a signal generator in P5 experiments I don't get what is it used for and why is it used.?
And if someone has the method of calculations of uncertainties in Q2 p5, please post it here? I need help in those? :3

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what are collisions in 2 dimensions are? It's in the 2016 syllabus so any notes or something would be appreciated :)