• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
upload_2016-2-25_23-0-25.png
Ok so the answer is from right to left ... but how??
LHS - current is anti-clockwise so north pole
RHS thus will be south pole
So shouldn't it be left to right??

Reaction score
View attachment 59473
Ok so the answer is from right to left ... but how??
LHS - current is anti-clockwise so north pole
RHS thus will be south pole
So shouldn't it be left to right??
See magnetic field lines would go out of north pole and enter south pole so bascially, on the left hand side the arrow would be like <--- so that is right to left and on the south pole it would be --<-- so yeah.:)

Reaction score
upload_2016-2-25_23-7-15.png
upload_2016-2-25_23-7-42.png

Can anyone please help and tell me why there is deviation in the value of centripetal force and gravitational force cause wasn't it that the gravitational force only provides the centripetal force?:) :p

I remember someone had posted this, I can't remember tho?:p Pleaseee help.:D
Ms:)
upload_2016-2-25_23-9-49.png

Reaction score
See magnetic field lines would go out of north pole and enter south pole so bascially, on the left hand side the arrow would be like <--- so that is right to left and on the south pole it would be --<-- so yeah.:)
Ohhh yess xP I was thinking of it like an actual magnet so like the field lines would go through the wire lol :p thankss :D

Reaction score
View attachment 59474
View attachment 59475

Can anyone please help and tell me why there is deviation in the value of centripetal force and gravitational force cause wasn't it that the gravitational force only provides the centripetal force?:) :p

I remember someone had posted this, I can't remember tho?:p Pleaseee help.:D
Ms:)
View attachment 59476
I'm not sure if this is correct but maybe it's because the mass is on the equator i.e placed on the surface of the earth so centripetal force will be very small
cause cf = gf for a satellite above the earth's surface so in this case the mass is not above but on the surface if that seems logical? :p

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is correct but maybe it's because the mass is on the equator i.e placed on the surface of the earth so centripetal force will be very small
cause cf = gf for a satellite above the earth's surface so in this case the mass is not above but on the surface if that seems logical? :p
Yeah it kinda does since mv^2 is small and R is huge it is obvious it won't be equal.:p Thank youu.:p :D :p

upload_2016-2-25_23-41-24.png
upload_2016-2-25_23-41-51.png
In this the last part :D when the output is negative shouldn't diode B be conducting rather than G.:/

Ms :D
upload_2016-2-25_23-43-0.png

Reaction score
Ah yeah, it's this question.

Once the string is cut, the log doesn't immediately fall down. (I believe you understood that.) In the log's motion upward after the string is cut, there is friction acting on the same side as the component of weight - along the slope. So the addition of both forces divided by the mass of the log would give you acceleration.
On the other hand, once the log reaches a zero velocity, that is the maximum height it can go up to. Then, it starts falling down. In this part of its motion, the component of weight along the slope is opposed by the friction. So, acceleration would be the difference in both forces over the mass of the log.
Hence, the two accelerations are different and you get two different v-t gradients.

Hope you got it.

Thanks once again. I know that acceleration of the log while traveling up an down the slope will be different. What I to meant to ask was, why are the accelerations different when traveling down the slope? In other words, why are the gradients of the red and yellow line different. Shouldn't it be a straight line?
downloadfile.png

Reaction score
Normal 'curving' graph sloping upwards initially and then becoming constant.
As it says that it should be 1.5 times the value it was at t(1/2), then if the curve was at n=1 (first line of y-axis considered 1) at t(1/2) then at 2t(1/2) it should be at n=1.5 (middle of 1st nd 2nd line of y axis).

Reaction score
Normal 'curving' graph sloping upwards initially and then becoming constant.
As it says that it should be 1.5 times the value it was at t(1/2), then if the curve was at n=1 (first line of y-axis considered 1) at t(1/2) then at 2t(1/2) it should be at n=1.5 (middle of 1st nd 2nd line of y axis).
Thank you so much.:D But actually I didn't understand why would it be 1.5 times, if you could elaborate please?:)