• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 22 Nov 2013! How was it?

How would rate the overall physics paper 22

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hey ppl! No discussing the paper! Let's just see how it was? I personally some parts tricky and some horribly hard! What about u?

Reaction score
Does anyone remmeber what the Unit for C was? I found it something with Kg-1
Did you find the distance P-Q 0.089? I found it like that.
How did you draw the graph? I drew a straight line (P,25) and (Q,0) Is it a straight line or not?
Was it a progressive wave or a stationary wave? Was it transverse or longitudinal?
Did any of you solve the CRO questions? If yes what did you find for the first question I did it wrong and found 150m since I used 2.5 cm instead of 4cm
For the electricity question did you Do V=IR for both the wires which means (.54X2)+ 38 There are two wires right?
For the radioactivity question what did you guys write? you only mentioned about the properties of B AND Alpha or more than that?
For the Electric field question I said increase V and the separation Is that correct?
Around what grade will be threshold for an A? the others papers have a threshold of 35-31 out of 60 for an A
Please tell me more about the exam if you guys remember I am stressing a little knowing this is a resit I wouldn't wanna do it once more!
Thank you very much. It'll be helpful for me to feel less stressed and focus on the next papers

Reaction score
Dear heal! I can so relate to you! Ok! Let me calm u down! The unit of C well even I only remember kg -1! :p distance pQ is absolutely correct! And so is the graph! Acc to me cause that what's I did! :p and the wave I think it was longitudinal and stationary! What do u think? And same pinch! Even I multiplied the resistance cause there r two wires! And used P=VI! Let's just hope it's correct! Though I forgot to consider the R of d heater! Cause they just asked for the wires! Was confused! And nuclear phy it was just properties I guess cause only 3 marks! Dw! And as for tht horrible question 2!! No comments!! We weren't really taught tht!! Now I dunno abt the rest of the world! But it was pretty hard! So I think A wld typically be by 40 42! Let's hope! :D and dw! U did good! Focus on other papers now! Doing A2!?

Reaction score
Dear heal! I can so relate to you! Ok! Let me calm u down! The unit of C well even I only remember kg -1! :p distance pQ is absolutely correct! And so is the graph! Acc to me cause that what's I did! :p and the wave I think it was longitudinal and stationary! What do u think? And same pinch! Even I multiplied the resistance cause there r two wires! And used P=VI! Let's just hope it's correct! Though I forgot to consider the R of d heater! Cause they just asked for the wires! Was confused! And nuclear phy it was just properties I guess cause only 3 marks! Dw! And as for tht horrible question 2!! No comments!! We weren't really taught tht!! Now I dunno abt the rest of the world! But it was pretty hard! So I think A wld typically be by 40 42! Let's hope! :D and dw! U did good! Focus on other papers now! Doing A2!?
Rope wave is progressive and transverse..

Reaction score
Does anyone remmeber what the Unit for C was? I found it something with Kg-1
Did you find the distance P-Q 0.089? I found it like that.
How did you draw the graph? I drew a straight line (P,25) and (Q,0) Is it a straight line or not?
Was it a progressive wave or a stationary wave? Was it transverse or longitudinal?
Did any of you solve the CRO questions? If yes what did you find for the first question I did it wrong and found 150m since I used 2.5 cm instead of 4cm
For the electricity question did you Do V=IR for both the wires which means (.54X2)+ 38 There are two wires right?
For the radioactivity question what did you guys write? you only mentioned about the properties of B AND Alpha or more than that?
For the Electric field question I said increase V and the separation Is that correct?
Around what grade will be threshold for an A? the others papers have a threshold of 35-31 out of 60 for an A
Please tell me more about the exam if you guys remember I am stressing a little knowing this is a resit I wouldn't wanna do it once more!
Thank you very much. It'll be helpful for me to feel less stressed and focus on the next papers
Didn't they ask how to reduce electric field strength? To reduce efs- we decrease potential difference between the two plates and increase the distance btw the two plates..

Reaction score
Hey ppl! No discussing the paper! Let's just see how it was? I personally some parts tricky and some horribly hard! What about u?
And the question was how to reduce electric field strength, right? Two forces were normal contact force and weight?

Reaction score
Ok! well, how did you guys find the distance PQ?
And sketching the wave how did you do it?
also, the graph of velocity to distance, was it a straight line?

Reaction score

Thank you for the help, I appreciate it! Let's move on and focus on doing well in the next paper P1! Yes I am doing A2 atm!
Thank you once more lets hope the GT will be low!

Reaction score
R U SURE tht wave was progessive and transverse ???? o_O
I'm not sure... Firstly, they said wave was under tension which could be stationary.. secondly, they said it was moving up and down so wave was produced.. and if it was stationary.. how could it be longitudenal? There were four or five COMPLETE loops- indicating transverse.. in longitudinal- half loops or incomplete loops are formed..

Reaction score
Isn't

Isn't pq 0.18 m?

Reaction score
guyzz in calculatin speed how was the wavelength 1.5 m
i took it 80 mm
guyzz to get 90 plus as a overall physicsz marks in AS level how much we r supposed to get in P2?

Reaction score
guyzz in calculatin speed how was the wavelength 1.5 m
i took it 80 mm
guyzz to get 90 plus as a overall physicsz marks in AS level how much we r supposed to get in P2?

80 mm was the displacement from equilibrium position hence 40 mm was the amplitude and 1.5 m was given in the question, no idea about the overall a thingy