• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics paper 1,2 ........can we discuus da papper nw?

Reaction score
oh ok. but most ppl did it upwards.
Theres a reason for it being downwards. That was a stationary point, and exactly after it the wave goes downward. Since each point of the wave is position of the particle, the arrow was to be down. Had it been upwards, the particle would've gone further up AFTER it.

Reaction score
Ok, help me here :

Q1) Mass, extension one.
Q2) Car's acceleration and stuff
Q3) House heating
Q4) angle of incidence and 32. something as angle of refraction one
Q5) wave motion and stuff
Q8) Wire and stuff
Q9) transformer wala
Q10) Gamme rays and Beta rays and stuff

What were question 6 and 7 about ?!?!?

Q.1 )A PART ) We Had to find the extension using rule ...so first note reading using ruler without load attached and than with load attached and subtract to find the extension .
b pART ) Mass of an object is the amount of matter it contains :p
c part ) spring B was easier to stretch as only 7.5 N extends it by 2 cm buh for spring A you need 10 N to extend it by 2 cm .
d part ) 15 N

I hope i didn't miss any part :p

q.2 )
a)Friction is a force that opposes the motion of a moving body or an object

b) The car is travelling at constant speed as the forward and backward forces are balanced .

c ) 5000-1200= 3800 N

next parts i dnt remember of q.2 :p

q.3)
a) More heat or the temperature outside the room is higher than the main room.

b) Add up all the energies dnt remember the answer :p

c ) the loss of thermal energy was abt 1. smthn x 10 raise to the power 6

d ) when the air at the top is cooled , its density increases and the air sinks to the bottom , the warm air expands as it is lighter and takes its place setting up convectional currents .

q.4 ) a) optic fibres transmit signals efficiently , more convo's can be held.
b ) drawing the normal and the angle of incidence :p
c) the light is internally refracted as the angle of incidence is greater than the critical angle in the denser medium .
d ) angle of refraction = 35.3 o
q.5 ) a)wave motion is the movement of the distortion of wave from the source producing it . e.g transverse - perpendicular .
b) was X downwards
c) i don't remember

d) measurement of 2 waves dnt remember wat exactly the reading was :p
q.6 )a) m.p = 80 oC
b) the temperature remains constant until whole liquid solidifies and complete energy is given out .
c ) the molecules become closer together as it changes from liquid to solid and are held at fixed positions by strong forces
dnt remember it more ....i guess we had to calculate heat capacity or smthn with temperature diff 20 and i guess the answer was again smth x 10 raise to the power 6

q.7 ) a ) drawing electric fields from positive to negative ( min . 6 lines )
b ) was current calculation I = Q/ T and it was smthn x 10 raise to the power -3 !!

pheww ! sec .A done !! love my memory :D !! rate it people !!

like if it helps :)

Reaction score
Any1 ????
moving to sec.B

Firstly i didn't attempt q.8 :p

so Q.9 ) a) show the current
b ) magnetic field lines showing it from N to S and circulating it round the iron core .
c) The voltmeter shows a deflection when switch is closed as the current sets up magnetic field between the two coils and there is a rate of change of magnetic flux that develops and hence induces emf showing deflection.

d) no current , no magnetic field set up , no rate of change of magnetic flux , no emf , pointer returns to its original position .

e )1) increase the amount of current
2 ) use a stronger soft iron core

f ) 384 W

g ) 12.8 W

q.10 )a) Alpha particles are positive helium 42 He ATOMS with strong ionising power
b) gamma rays are part of the electromagnetic spectrum with strong penetrative power
c ) use tongs or tweezers handling radioactive substances
d) not much distance from the source and the detector so that the final result is not contaminated and the radiation does not decay in between.
e) longer half life in this experiment because the original count rate of the reading should not change due to its decaying which will lead to inaccurate final results.
f) i) Yes there are alpha particles as some of the radiation is absorbed by the thick card.
ii ) No beta particles as the count rate is unaffected by the aluminum , which usually absorbs beta particles
iii ) yes gamma rays are there because the count rate after passing the card and aluminium is still upto 850 counts / min
i forgot one part perhaps of 2 marks here :p
the last part radiation may enter the body and kill living cells / cause cancer / hair loss

Reaction score
The moment of force ka answser was A . using one anti clockwise = 2 clock wise
Table tennsie one was increase and decrease

bike one was A .

I still have my queries for that mcq the pressure volume one . The reason is most of the people used the formula pv=pv to attempt the question . This formula is applied when the container is some how decreasing in volume *Like a syringe * . As the containers were fixed .. one side had 200 cm3 of air .. the other had vacuum and a capacity of 100cm3 . When the valve opens .. firstly simple diffusion takes place ... causing air molecules to move from container A to B . Due to lessening of air molecules , the pressure decreases ... as the kinectic theory applies , the fewer the molecules the less chance of them striking the walls and hence less pressure . As its simple diffusion taking place and there is a movement of 100cm3 ... in container A only 100 cm3 is left , which is half the original . hence p/2 .

Those who can follow what i just wrote , please do see and some how prove that air molecules dont go from A to B but from B to A , cause thats the only way the answer could have been 2/3p
look the pressure one was confusing to most people but u had to apply practicaly alll the pressure concepts here.
first of all get clear on the fact that B had NO PRESSURE at first when the stopper was closed and A had pressure P. then A had volume 200 and B had 100. correct?
now when the stopper is opened the gas will move through the pipe over to cylinder B because of the pressure difference. as a result presssure in A decreases ryt? so now u know k temperature cud not b 2P so eliminate the option.
next we HAD to use the P1V1=P2V2 formula.where P1 was P, V1 was 200 and P2 was unknown and V2 as 300! why 300? bcuz gas being a fluid will move to take over all the space and now the pressure of the whole container will be the same. and the whole container had the volume 300 cm3 (we can neglect the pipe bcuz of the key word in the question that it was a THIN pipe!) so according to calculations
P1V1=P2V2
P*200=?*300
?=200P/300P
= 2P/3
get it now?? it was the most confusing question of the whole paper and it was the question which will determine the distinction most probably and was the only difficult question of the paper.