• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
If it says force exerted it means that the force is considered as upward force??
if it said that then it was asking you about the force that the pivot is applying, sometimes it can also be downwards if the upwards forces on the object are more than those downwards the pivot will then apply a force downwards to keep the object in equilibrium thats why if you nail something in the wall and try to move it upwards (not rotating) it wont go becuase the pivot (nail) will just exert a force big enough to cancel out your force if you force is too much the pivot will break

Reaction score
Thanks alot!!!!........You r really good at physics!!(y)
You're welcome and thanks for the compliment but i myself sometimes do get stuck on questions but then again those are the question even my teacher couldn't solve xD my sir says the mark scheme is wrong but i know its not

Reaction score
if it said that then it was asking you about the force that the pivot is applying, sometimes it can also be downwards if the upwards forces on the object are more than those downwards the pivot will then apply a force downwards to keep the object in equilibrium thats why if you nail something in the wall and try to move it upwards (not rotating) it wont go becuase the pivot (nail) will just exert a force big enough to cancel out your force if you force is too much the pivot will break
Thanks again !

Reaction score
You're welcome and thanks for the compliment but i myself sometimes do get stuck on questions but then again those are the question even my teacher couldn't solve xD my sir says the mark scheme is wrong but i know its not
Hahaha.....Hilarious.!!:LOL:

Reaction score
Basically , they are devices that are used to store charge (energy) in electric circuits .
they are used in delay circuits , eg rectification ( changing ac to dc) .

Reaction score
So in a sound wave...
A compression is a region of high pressure and rarefaction a region of low pressure?
Or is it the other way round?

Ya it's correct. Compression is a region of high pressure and density. Rarefaction is the opposite.

Reaction score
What's the difference between moments and momentum?
And when to use momentum, I know when to use moments
I also am confused because I thought they were the same but turns out each one have different equation.