• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP
THOSE WHO ARE GOOD IN PHYSICS PLS TAKE A LOOK AT QUESTION 7 (b) (i) of paper 31 winter 2014
the mark scheme shows that the answer is 48 but when i do it the answer is 50 and i dont quite understand the step in the ms

Attachments

• 0625_w14_qp_31.pdf
    499.2 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP
THOSE WHO ARE GOOD IN PHYSICS PLS TAKE A LOOK AT QUESTION 7 (b) (i) of paper 31 winter 2014
the mark scheme shows that the answer is 48 but when i do it the answer is 50 and i dont quite understand the step in the ms
The part i ans is to make molecules similar to gas ok
The second part ans is there are least forcoes of attraction between molecules in gas so de move freely the solid molecules have strong forces of attraction due to which they strongly packed

Reaction score
Hey, I have my alternative to practical exam in 4 days. I am hoping that someone can help me out with some notes

Thanks

Reaction score
Can any of you guys hook me up with a chart or a table of colors of metals and their oxides? I have come across a lot of questions regarding color of metal oxides in pp6
Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP
Since they say that the temperature remains constant, P1V1 = P2V2 is used...........
Now they have given us the pressure and volume of the helium in the cylinder and the pressure that normally is in the balloon
What we have to calculate is the volume that will be present in the balloon at that pressure because 0.0030 (m3) is clearly not the volume of the gas in the balloon that has that pressure
So we apply the PV = constant formula and calculate the volume of the gas in the balloon which we get as 0.15 (m3)
Next, we have to subtract this from the original volume because when we r working out the number of INFLATED balloons, this balloon doesn't come in the category
Then we divide the result by the volume that is normally in an inflated balloon and u get the answer :)
Hope that helps and do tell me if I am wrong
Remember me in ur prayers!!!