• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
(a) i)
View attachment 40409

a (iii) Because there is no capillary. It is a vein

b (ii) Yes you can
b (iii) The arteries are able to withstand the high pressure of blood due to the thick elastic walls. As a result, they will return to their original figure

a (i) Yes
(ii) Due to the presence of tomato juice, water flows out of B (refer to osmotic pressures.etc). There might be another chemical in the juice which inhibits germination
I show connective tissue a sdots

Reaction score
• do calculations involving
part of a circuit,
whole circuit.
• explain what is meant by
fuse ratings,
circuit breaker settings.
• describe the effect of temperature increase on the resistance of
a resistor,
a filament lamp.
• describe the use of a voltmeter with different ranges.
• describe the use of an ammeter with different ranges

can anybody help me with these???

Reaction score
i
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Biology (0610)/0610_s10_ms_61.pdf
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Biology (0610)/0610_s10_qp_61.pdf
in question 1 part a (i) my drawing is tosimple can u tell me wat to do lplz send me a pic with labels i dont know here to label fiber!
i labelled narrow lumen and thick muscular wall
and in a(iii) why cant i compare capilaries when it says to se fig 1.1 which has capillaries!

part b(ii) can iuse this scale 1cm=3units foy y axis and 1cm=10 units for x axis
part b(iii)the blod vessel will eventually be back to its original diameter bcuz the walls of vessel are thich and elastc so they will regain there original shape and position
i think my answer wud score 2 maks can u give an asnwer which can score full!

and question 3
part a(i)
do i need to writre 19/20 or is it ok if i write 19 only
part a(ii) i cant frame my answer propery! i wrote that dish b has tomatoe juice which dosenot let seeds to germinate

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle: u asked me to pour all my doubts:p
THANK U in advance i really do appreciate it !!!

thanky u
Awesome12
AND

♣♠ Magnanimous ♣♠
think i am late.. :p someone already answered to your doubts.

Reaction score
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

Reaction score
• do calculations involving
part of a circuit,
whole circuit.
• explain what is meant by
fuse ratings,
circuit breaker settings.
• describe the effect of temperature increase on the resistance of
a resistor,
a filament lamp.
• describe the use of a voltmeter with different ranges.
• describe the use of an ammeter with different ranges

can anybody help me with these???

You really need to read your text book, Most of them are simple definitions and other such description. Just read the electricity chapter.
Do calculation involving a part/ whole circuit, is like, in a question with a diagram or figure. They will give you some information like the resistor has a resistance of ..., total current in circuit is ....A . Calculate the voltage in resistor 1, or such question. They might ask about whole circuit, or if it has many loops, they will ask you about current in a certain loop.
That's all i can help about, for the rest you can refer to your book
As the temperature increases the resistance of the resistance of a filament lamp increase for resistor it depends on the type of resistor, i.e for thermistor the resistance decreases as the temperature increases, While for others it is opposite.
We might be able to help you more if you ask a specific question like, variation of resistance according to temperature. Or a specific question. Simple definitions are what you have to use your book or other such resources. For past papers question you can get your doubts cleared here easily.

Reaction score
BCOZ dey may be insol,so dey form scum. insolubilites wil make it less ready to wipe off and u know d global warming probs n bla bla if things r not degrading.................pippo, btw, dis aint in ig portion, scum n ol. itna bhi hodder mat padho. scum, sols, gels n ol ka section u read na? ;) i read it too. intersting tha phir bhi
oh ya...jzk loadz bywy

Reaction score
wts the triangle formula of finding the gradient

What do you mean by triangle formula of finding gradient, do you mean like finding on the graph, Just divide the (y-axis) value by (x-axis) value. That is for a graph!
I guess that is what you are talking about, you have to draw two lines, one is across y-axis and other x-axis originating from the graph read the values and the divide them. :)
Would you like to make it more clear?

Reaction score
What do you mean by triangle formula of finding gradient, do you mean like finding on the graph, Just divide the (y-axis) value by (x-axis) value. That is for a graph!
I guess that is what you are talking about, you have to draw two lines, one is across y-axis and other x-axis originating from the graph read the values and the divide them. :)
Would you like to make it more clear?
thnx alot , i got it :)

Reaction score
hello!! can any1 tell me how to prepare for exams!! do i read the books or solve the past papers "i cant really do both at the same time":(:cry: