• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Biology (0610)/0610_s10_ms_61.pdf
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Biology (0610)/0610_s10_qp_61.pdf
in question 1 part a (i) my drawing is tosimple can u tell me wat to do lplz send me a pic with labels i dont know here to label fiber!
i labelled narrow lumen and thick muscular wall
and in a(iii) why cant i compare capilaries when it says to se fig 1.1 which has capillaries!

part b(ii) can iuse this scale 1cm=3units foy y axis and 1cm=10 units for x axis
part b(iii)the blod vessel will eventually be back to its original diameter bcuz the walls of vessel are thich and elastc so they will regain there original shape and position
i think my answer wud score 2 maks can u give an asnwer which can score full!

and question 3
part a(i)
do i need to writre 19/20 or is it ok if i write 19 only
part a(ii) i cant frame my answer propery! i wrote that dish b has tomatoe juice which dosenot let seeds to germinate

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle: u asked me to pour all my doubts:p
THANK U in advance i really do appreciate it !!!

thanky u
Awesome12
AND

♣♠ Magnanimous ♣♠

Reaction score
wat i do is i solve one year on evariant onne seesssion o_O
i note down my time i finsh in 35 to 40 minutes and 45 minutes max:cautious:
i do not rechek my answer (n)
then i check my anser frm mark scheme and wat i dont get i ask u guys!(y)(y)(y)
i then calculate my marks get percentage and grade my self i havgot all A* ( the mark above the garde A is A* right??)and As:X3:
BUT i never get more than 85% wat do i doo!:cry:
i nevr go abouve that!!:mad::mad:

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Biology (0610)/0610_s10_ms_61.pdf
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Biology (0610)/0610_s10_qp_61.pdf
in question 1 part a (i) my drawing is tosimple can u tell me wat to do lplz send me a pic with labels i dont know here to label fiber!
i labelled narrow lumen and thick muscular wall
and in a(iii) why cant i compare capilaries when it says to se fig 1.1 which has capillaries!

part b(ii) can iuse this scale 1cm=3units foy y axis and 1cm=10 units for x axis
part b(iii)the blod vessel will eventually be back to its original diameter bcuz the walls of vessel are thich and elastc so they will regain there original shape and position
i think my answer wud score 2 maks can u give an asnwer which can score full!

and question 3
part a(i)
do i need to writre 19/20 or is it ok if i write 19 only
part a(ii) i cant frame my answer propery! i wrote that dish b has tomatoe juice which dosenot let seeds to germinate

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle: u asked me to pour all my doubts:p
THANK U in advance i really do appreciate it !!!

thanky u
Awesome12
AND

♣♠ Magnanimous ♣♠

(a) i)
Artery.png

a (iii) Because there is no capillary. It is a vein

b (ii) Yes you can
b (iii) The arteries are able to withstand the high pressure of blood due to the thick elastic walls. As a result, they will return to their original figure

a (i) Yes
(ii) Due to the presence of tomato juice, water flows out of B (refer to osmotic pressures.etc). There might be another chemical in the juice which inhibits germination

Reaction score
(a) i)
View attachment 40409

a (iii) Because there is no capillary. It is a vein OOPSIE

b (ii) Yes you can OK
b (iii) The arteries are able to withstand the high pressure of blood due to the thick elastic walls. As a result, they will return to their original figure OK!

a (i) Yes u mean i have to write 19/20
(ii) Due to the presence of tomato juice, water flows out of B (refer to osmotic pressures.etc). There might be another chemical in the juice which inhibits germinationDID NOT Think mr osmosis was included UGHHH

Reaction score
btw i saw ur hardest questions for o levels its agreat idea and hard work
but they are for olvel IGCSE or GCSE