• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics 9702 P21

Reaction score
Answer was 27w.
Let me explain why using Kirchoff's first and second law.
First, (conservation of charge):
6 Amps flowed around the circuit. This implies, because it is parallel, each lamp would get 3A. Using I^2 x R for Power, it would be 3^2 x 3 = 27
Now with 2nd law (conservation of energy)
Voltage produced by battery : 12 V. V = E - Ir E = 12 I = 6 and r = 0.5. 12-6x0.5= 9
Using the equation V^2/R, it is 9^2 / 3 = 27w.
There you go ^^

Reaction score
For the p.d. and e.m.f. I defined them in the other way, which I don't if it'll score me marks.
Ie pd= total energy given up by a unit charge as it moves from Point A to point B in a circuit
And emf = total work done by a unit charge as it goes around a complete circuit or loop.
Do you guys think this'll score me marks?

Reaction score
For the radioactivity question. For the betas decay, I mentioned that the nucleus gains one proton, but didn't mention that it loses neutron. Is it okay?
And do we consider a beta particle to have a proton number of -1? (General question XP}
It is correct. It asked for nucleon and proton number. The nucleon number remained the same as the neutron 'lost' is compensated by the gained proton. Your answer is absolutely fine, or so I believe.

Reaction score
Would i get marks if i said that the total emf in a closed loop is equal to the total potential difference?

Reaction score
Guys for gamma ray, I mentioned that it is a form of energy released during a nuclear reaction. It's wrong, right?

And for the question about why does not "W" affect Fb, I wrote that it is in equilibrium, which means there is no resultant force and so it is not affected. Is that somehow right?