• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PHYSICS 31

Reaction score
well there are no vernier calipers or micrometer screw gauges in 31 and the second question's a complete mystery as the apparatus itself is baffling and confusing, in q1 there will be experiment related to oscillations, using thread, ruler and ofc stop clock

Reaction score
give us some key points
suggest papers to look at

NO ELECTRICITY SURE
HEARD TORQUE ?/

Reaction score
idk about many pprs as I never do pprs for practicals....
key points? hmm i'll try to find something

no electricity for sure
no idea bout torque but most prolly its not there coz we were made to do an experiment concerned with oscillations.... and our teacher said something related to oscillations will come in the first question

Reaction score
idk about many pprs as I never do pprs for practicals....
key points? hmm i'll try to find something

no electricity for sure
no idea bout torque but most prolly its not there coz we were made to do an experiment concerned with oscillations.... and our teacher said something related to oscillations will come in the first question
i guess you did oscillations cuz there was a spring and a rule involved... but if there is a stopwatch in the confidential letter, then that means there will be a question on oscillations

Reaction score
well its not necessary to use all the equipments, sometimes they provide extra to confuse the centres so that the teachers can't guess the real thing :p
okay any limitations and improvements for oscillations?

Reaction score
no there was no spring but there were 4 strings, 2 long and 2 shorter than the long ones, we had to fix a ruler in the apparatus, make loops out of the longer string and place em on the fixed ruler, then put the other ruler in the loops between the strings and do oscillations... and time them

Reaction score
possibly there were masses given but the experiment we did in school didnt include them so maybe the masses were just put there to confuse us, anywhoo in the end there's no confirmation maybe moment can come too

Reaction score
so u know any limitations for oscillations?

1.) Two sets of readings is not enough to draw a conclusion,

Take 6 sets of readings or more, plot a graph to best line fit.

2.) The oscillations changes too fast,

Use a video and play back.

Those are the two common. The others will have to do with the experiment itself.

Reaction score
others might be that the oscillations are not even or arent in the same place...
the string get extended with use and reaction time to start the stop clock

Reaction score
I hope this helps you all, best of luck to everyone :)

Attachments

• BEST practical Guide.pdf
    118.8 KB · Views: 40
Reaction score
oh and i read the winter 2005 paper and there was this one part where it said measure the distance d, and the reading on the balance, then write it down d=____ and reading =____ do we write with the uncertainities or just pure number?

Reaction score
others might be that the oscillations are not even or arent in the same place...
the string get extended with use and reaction time to start the stop clock
CAN YOU PLEASE TELL US THE QS IN A LIST TO KNOW WHAT WILL BE COMING ? FOR P31

Reaction score
okay how do we draw table for repeated readings. for example, time period for one oscillation with variation to length. so do we like draw tables and put columns like T1, T2, and then finally "T" (which will be the average value) ?