• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PHYSICS 31

Reaction score
CAN YOU PLEASE TELL US THE QS IN A LIST TO KNOW WHAT WILL BE COMING ? FOR P31
well I cannot be certain that this specific question might come but there are high chances of oscillations and moment to come for Q1
Q2 is unknown for now.

Reaction score
If it is easier, higher grade boundary. And how do we do the table?

E.g

L/cm | 10T1/s| T1/s | 10T2/s | T2/s | T /s | T^2/s^2|

Can I do that?

Reaction score
If it is easier, higher grade boundary. And how do we do the table?

E.g

L/cm | 10T1/s| T1/s | 10T2/s | T2/s | T /s | T^2/s^2|

Can I do that?
click on the pdf file I uploaded in page 2, I hope that will answer all your questions :)

Reaction score
click on the pdf file I uploaded in page 2, I hope that will answer all your questions :)

I already have it.. but it shows two columns and talks about the s.f we can use.

In an oscillation experiment, we have to take repeats so I was wondering if we have a column for the repeats.

For example, we take 20T and get the actually T (like it says on the file) , do we add another column for repeated reading (i.e. another 20T and value of T)?

Please help. I am self taught :( Just ignore everything I have said and give me an example of how your table heading would be please?

Reaction score
I already have it.. but it shows two columns and talks about the s.f we can use.

In an oscillation experiment, we have to take repeats so I was wondering if we have a column for the repeats.

For example, we take 20T and get the actually T (like it says on the file) , do we add another column for repeated reading (i.e. another 20T and value of T)?

Please help. I am self taught :( Just ignore everything I have said and give me an example of how your table heading would be please?

well you make one column which has 20T written (s)
and u get atleast 4 readings in that column, eg start the exp, get the reading for 20 oscillation, stop the exp, note down the reading and start again noting down the values in the same column

the u make a column labelled T (s) and take the first 20T value in the first row and divide it by 20 writing down ur answer in T (s) column in the first row, u repeat the same for all the rows

when time comes to find the average, u add all the values of T (s) and divide by the no. of values u have noted down. for eg you got total sum 20.55 for 10 readings so u divide the 20.55 by 10 to get the average reading....

I hope this helps :)
best of luck and I admire your courage for taking on A levels while being self-taught, good luck :)

Reaction score
well you make one column which has 20T written (s)
and u get atleast 4 readings in that column, eg start the exp, get the reading for 20 oscillation, stop the exp, note down the reading and start again noting down the values in the same column

the u make a column labelled T (s) and take the first 20T value in the first row and divide it by 20 writing down ur answer in T (s) column in the first row, u repeat the same for all the rows

when time comes to find the average, u add all the values of T (s) and divide by the no. of values u have noted down. for eg you got total sum 20.55 for 10 readings so u divide the 20.55 by 10 to get the average reading....

I hope this helps :)
best of luck and I admire your courage for taking on A levels while being self-taught, good luck :)

Taking 20 Oscillations is time consuming we are used to doing 10 oscillations only in class since we have 2 questions and the time is not enough to do 20 oscillations for 6 sets of readings, there will also be damping while taking your readings.

Reaction score
Taking 20 Oscillations is time consuming we are used to doing 10 oscillations only in class since we have 2 questions and the time is not enough to do 20 oscillations for 6 sets of readings, there will also be damping while taking your readings.
I just gave an example as she was insisting upon 20T column and all

Reaction score
the clay will be for making the ruler or something like that on the same level and not tilt to one side

Reaction score
yeah it sure is, best to do it for 10 oscialltions
I have a doubt in that too, will clear it with my teacher when i go to school