• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics /12 Discussion!

Reaction score
I don't remember which option it was but the key word in that question was resultant of the LINES OF ACTION of the two forces. Their lines of action met at the centre hence 1 thing was confirmed that resultant would also come out from the centre, and resultant always acts along the component with greater magnitude which in this case was 4N :)
moreover it is not necessary that the resultant would be closer to the greater component :)

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the questions which I might have gotten wrong. If the person above who posted 'confirmed answers' is correct, then I've got 2 wrong so far. Apart from that, I dunno.
Do you remember what you got for the moments question? I got 0.29 N, which was C.

0.29Nm is correct.

Reaction score
moreover it is not necessary that the resultant would be closer to the greater component :)

Actually it is :p when two forces of unequal magnitude act on a single point with an angle of 90° or less between them then resultant ALWAYS lies closer to the componenet with greater magnitude :) basic concept of the vectors chapter.

Reaction score
what was the answer to the question about the model crane?
the possible answers were : 10 ^ 0,1,2,3

and also what was the ans to the question about the train and the markers

and finally the answer to the to question about the person jumping from an air balloon?

Reaction score

and finally the answer to the to question about the person jumping from an air balloon?
Train nd markers... I got 600m aka D
Air balloon... graph one I'm presuming... I chose B.

Reaction score
its very hard, and havent taken chem yet
oh and I had the crane question as well..
Tough
Luck.

What'd u choose?
I've already resigned myself to the "fact" that the answer I chose is wrong.

How's prep for chem?
Speaking of which, and I know I'm rolling off topic here everyone, how was P2?

Reaction score
Well, would you mind telling me why you'd squared the velocity for the air hitting the wall question?

When the final velocity is given as 0, we will square the initial velocity. Since F=ma, which can also be written as F= m(v-u/t) which can further be re-arranged as F=m/t (v-u).
Now v was 0 in the question, and m/t is = density x area x velocity (proof of this is that when you write this equation in SI units, both the sides of units cancel each other out).
So we can write the equation now as F= (density x area x velocity) x (0-u) which makes F=ϼAv^2
Its very complicated and there are a lot of derivations involved but I hope you get the concept :)

Reaction score
Tough
Luck.

What'd u choose?
I've already resigned myself to the "fact" that the answer I chose is wrong.

How's prep for chem?
Speaking of which, and I know I'm rolling off topic here everyone, how was P2?
the answer is 10^2 im pretty sure
prep for chem is good
P2 was alright, could be better.

Reaction score

Distance in the train and markers question = 600m.
Person jumping from the air balloon and attaining terminal velocity = Option B i.e a graph of air resistance - time with an increasing curve and then a horizontal line.