• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics /12 Discussion!

Reaction score
The answer for the force exerted when the wind hits the wall was 16000N.
CALCULATIONS: Force exerted by air was supposed to be calculated from newton's second law of momentum which is:
F = ϼAv^2
F = 1.2 x 12 x (33)^2
F = 15681N ≈ 16000N hence option D.

Might I ask why you've squared the speed?

Reaction score
Yeah, that one. How'd you get 400 for it?
I followed the line...
And deduced mostly. The scale was non-uniform bear in mind. And though I don't exactly know why I did that, all I can say is what I thought at that time made sense to me.

Reaction score
I followed the line...
And deduced mostly. The scale was non-uniform bear in mind. And though I don't exactly know why I did that, all I can say is what I thought at that time made sense to me.

I too followed the line, and got A for my answer (don't remember the number). Yes, the question said 'unusual scale'. Dunno what they were trying to imply but that.

Reaction score
I too followed the line, and got A for my answer (don't remember the number). Yes, the question said 'unusual scale'. Dunno what they were trying to imply but that.
Well - that's that.
We'll just have to wait and see.

Btw, how many questions have gotten wrong that you know of?

Reaction score
Well - that's that.
We'll just have to wait and see.

Btw, how many questions have gotten wrong that you know of?

I'm not sure of the questions which I might have gotten wrong. If the person above who posted 'confirmed answers' is correct, then I've got 2 wrong so far. Apart from that, I dunno.
Do you remember what you got for the moments question? I got 0.29 N, which was C.

Reaction score
Q 3 was B confirmed :) Bro when the two forces perpendicular to each othr are acting on a same point away from the point the resultant would be by parallelogram rule hence by calculations it would b 5 N

I don't remember which option it was but the key word in that question was resultant of the LINES OF ACTION of the two forces. Their lines of action met at the centre hence 1 thing was confirmed that resultant would also come out from the centre, and resultant always acts along the component with greater magnitude which in this case was 4N :)

Reaction score
I don't remember which option it was but the key word in that question was resultant of the LINES OF ACTION of the two forces. Their lines of action met at the centre hence 1 thing was confirmed that resultant would also come out from the centre, and resultant always acts along the component with greater magnitude which in this case was 4N :)
They have also written magnitudes with it :/

Reaction score
Though I loathe to say this (Another one down consequently), I think ur right.
45 degrees to the component will only be possible if and when the two components are of equal magnitude.
Yeah - isn't that superb? I've convinced myself already.
*sigh*

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the questions which I might have gotten wrong. If the person above who posted 'confirmed answers' is correct, then I've got 2 wrong so far. Apart from that, I dunno.
Do you remember what you got for the moments question? I got 0.29 N, which was C.
I seriously don't remmbr... but that answer sounds real familiar.