• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Phy p 41

What do u think ull get for this paper

• 90+

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • 80+

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • 70+

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Below 70

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
this is sound wave my dear....wat u saying is for light and electromagnetic waves

Yeah, but if I'm remembering correctly, the question said that a radio wave was being modulated, ravio waves belonging to the EM spectrum and travelling at c (3x10^8 ms-1)

Reaction score
What was the answer for the one where it asked for the effect on emission of electrons if u maintained the intensity of light but increased its frequency? Also which of the given metals would electrons be emitted from?

Reaction score
What was the answer for the one where it asked for the effect on emission of electrons if u maintained the intensity of light but increased its frequency? Also which of the given metals would electrons be emitted from?
i rote the rate would be same cz it only depnds on intensity..bt ds is rong..actually the rate will be reduced=(

Reaction score
Yeah, but if I'm remembering correctly, the question said that a radio wave was being modulated, ravio waves belonging to the EM spectrum and travelling at c (3x10^8 ms-1)
im not sure of dat..atleast fr formula will get 1 mark

Reaction score
In the nuclear fusion reaction, were we supposed to add all the mass defects and use E= mass defect * c^2 ??

Jaf

Reaction score
In the nuclear fusion reaction, were we supposed to add all the mass defects and use E= mass defect * c^2 ??
Add...... all the mass defects?! :S
Add the mass of reactants. Subtract mass of product from this. Multiply the answer by the value of u in kg (given in the beginning of the paper). You then multiply this by c^2 (3x10^8)^2 to get the answer in joules. This is the mass defect.

Reaction score
For the charged sphere, I calculated the voltage of of the particle as well, and I got 300something. And said that it wouldn't reach the sphere.

For the two cylinder one- I also got 356 K, but I don't think it would be that easy... I left that part and did it last.. I mean it was for 3 marks, there's more to it then simply throwing the numbers in the formula.. Idk. :/

Jaf

Reaction score
For the charged sphere, I calculated the voltage of of the particle as well, and I got 300something. And said that it wouldn't reach the sphere.

For the two cylinder one- I also got 356 K, but I don't think it would be that easy... I left that part and did it last.. I mean it was for 3 marks, there's more to it then simply throwing the numbers in the formula.. Idk. :/
Wasn't just throwing... add the volumes, add the moles... get the answer. I also said the two cylinders acted like one. xD