• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper Discusion: Bio/52 & /51

Reaction score
So what you wrote about the use of detergents and filteration, 60^C and protease?
Lemme just tell you the questions we had because, honey, I ain't got no idea what you talking about. :p

1. ELECTROPHORESIS; same species of invertebrate, 4 different varieties of genetic fingerprint
Use of RNA Probes, how it works
Why is this method used for DNA fingerprinting, for detecting one nucleotide change?
Outline electrophoresis and amplification
Controlled variables
Then we had this photo of 3 DNA fingerprints, we had to draw arrows where all the varieties matched up in all 3, which ones were in a pair
Then we had another question but I forgot...

2. SORGHUM, treated with green manure using legumes with roots, shoots or both
Use of t-test
Describe what "p < 0.05" means
Describe what "statistically significant" means
Controlled variables
Things which would be uncontrollable
Then they gave us these two tables, with "significant" or "not significant", we had a 6 mark question for a conclusion on treating with green manure -_-
Then from one of the tables, we had to find the increase of something and the ratio of something..

It probably sounds easier than your paper, but trust me: the sorghum question was SO HARD for us, whereas the electrophoresis question wasn't too bad. Al7amdulillah

Reaction score
Is volume of the buffer solution
Mass of the peas , 50g okay as the answer for the constant variables.?

Reaction score
Lemme just tell you the questions we had because, honey, I ain't got no idea what you talking about. :p

1. ELECTROPHORESIS; same species of invertebrate, 4 different varieties of genetic fingerprint
Use of RNA Probes, how it works
Why is this method used for DNA fingerprinting, for detecting one nucleotide change?
Outline electrophoresis and amplification
Controlled variables
Then we had this photo of 3 DNA fingerprints, we had to draw arrows where all the varieties matched up in all 3, which ones were in a pair
Then we had another question but I forgot...

2. SORGHUM, treated with green manure using legumes with roots, shoots or both
Use of t-test
Describe what "p < 0.05" means
Describe what "statistically significant" means
Controlled variables
Things which would be uncontrollable
Then they gave us these two tables, with "significant" or "not significant", we had a 6 mark question for a conclusion on treating with green manure -_-
Then from one of the tables, we had to find the increase of something and the ratio of something..

It probably sounds easier than your paper, but trust me: the sorghum question was SO HARD for us, whereas the electrophoresis question wasn't too bad. Al7amdulillah
Indeed it was easy than /52 :O
But our question related to sorghum was bit easier than the electrophoresis :/

Reaction score
O.O we all are senseless human beings :p .. It should make sense cause they said 5cm3 of buffer solution in the question o_O
they had already taken it as control.
Dude! The question was : What two variables the student "SHOULD" kept constant? :)