• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 5 Tips !! :)

Reaction score
JazakAllah for the reply sis but what to do about this question then ?:rolleyes: ;)
I just tagged another sister who had the same doubt this morning... let's see if she got the answer.. otherwise, let's attack our teachers;)

Reaction score
I just tagged another sister who had the same doubt this morning... let's see if she got the answer.. otherwise, let's attack our teachers;)

JazakAllah once again for the reply sis :) yeh i hope so that sis is able to clear our dbt in sha Allah :) but if not i will surely take ur advice about attacking the teachers :p

Reaction score
o and oct/nov 2009 Q1) d) how are we supposed to vary the range of concentrations, because whenever i am converting it to the voume of the soltion needed i keep getting volumes exceeding 30 cm^3 and what on earth are we supposed to calculate [diacid] and [monoacid]
For this we fix the volume. I keep it 20cm^3 for each acid. Then depending on whether the acid is monobasic or dibasic, write the conc. i.e., 2.0 mol/dm^3 for monobasic and 1.0 mol/dm^3 for dibasic. Once you've set the conc. and volume, calculate the moles for each separately for the complete experiment (here the question just requires moles and hence mass for ethanedioic acid, so calculate for this and leave the rest).

Reaction score
Soldier313 thank you SOSOMUCH that was such a great explanation!
I'll pray you get what you want out of these exams In Shaa Allah!!

- one last thing, how do I calculate the weak acids then???
Aww aameen inshaAllah <3 i pray the same for you sis :)
weak acids, you follow the procedure,
(volume x c x deltatheta ) / moles of water formed
for weak acids, i believe some sort of data must be given inorder fo you to calculate a value. This is as far as I know, unless someone's got another way :)

All the best! :)

Reaction score
anyone please help me with this:
in a few qs such as JUNE/11/52 it is clearly stated that we have to draw a LINE OF BEST FIT but in the mark scheme it is written that NO MARKS FOR A STRAIGHT LINE ! EXAMINER'S JUDGEMENT ON THE BEST-FIT CURVES !
:rolleyes:

Reaction score
anyone please help me with this:
in a few qs such as JUNE/11/52 it is clearly stated that we have to draw a LINE OF BEST FIT but in the mark scheme it is written that NO MARKS FOR A STRAIGHT LINE ! EXAMINER'S JUDGEMENT ON THE BEST-FIT CURVES !
:rolleyes:
So what do u learn? That when the questions says line of best fit, it can also be a curve of best fit:) no?