• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 5 Tips !! :)

Reaction score
guys can anyone please help me with the reasons for the anomalous points , i m not able to evaluate the correct reasons for the anomalies in the graph ??

Reaction score
Also for June 2012 V1 Q1 c) the planning part
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_s12_qp_51.pdf

The ms says
"Check that the solution is made up to the appropriate volume and not that a mass is added to a fixed volume of water."
So the question said "Remember that you are using 100 cm3 of aqueous copper(II) sulfate"
So when making the concentration of the copper sulfate soluton, do I dissolve the CuSo4.5H20 in 100 cm3 water, less than 100 cm3 water, or fill the volumetric flask to 250 cm3.
[p.s. this thread is really amazing, iSA you guys will do brilliantly!]

oops nvm i deleted the last post
but yes, this was the doubt
xhizors
or anyone

Reaction score
xhizors

Please can you tell me how we are supposed to draw the diagram for JUNE12/52 q1 c
It's a decomposition reaction of Ammonium Nitrate in which both water vapour has to be condensed and collected and Nitrogen(I)oxide has to be collected too...I cant understand how both water vapour and gas collection has to be done?
i just set up a round buttom flask and a outlet but could not seperately collect the two gases!!! i am also worried about the question

Reaction score
can some please help with how to determine avagadros constant through experimentation! please decribe it please!

Reaction score
solubility cant be above 100g because here we calculating solubility in 100g of water u might have did something wrong
what are your column headings??
For calculating the solubilities i took mass of the solid,which for the first case,is 77.9 .Then I divided it by the mass of the water which is 43.5,for the first one. So the solubility is that times a 100,so my first solubility is 179. Is that wrong? What are you supposed to do then??

Reaction score
Reaction score
Can u repeat your question? i don't get what you're saying,..
i need to find the solubility so it is mass of solid dissolved/mass of water. they gave me 60cm^3 of distilled water should i pretend that 1g = 1cm^3 or there is a way to find the mass of water?