• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 5 Tips !! :)

Reaction score
In question q, where we have to design the experiment,, when we are asked to write the conc we are using so we are suppose to write the conc and volumes we are using in table form, or para form??
and do we have to mention how we are doing it, like using unitary method or c1v1=c2v2?

knowitall10 ??

Reaction score
LOL you actually confused me !
yaaarrr..... ok umm look at it this way.. say you found that at a certain temperature (say 40 degrees) from your best fit line the solubility of a crystal is 10 (for the heck of explaining !) and so if you have to calculate solubility at 80 degrees you can safely multiply the solubility at 40 degrees by 2.. so your solubility at 80 degrees would be 20
umm its sort of like cross multiplying.. since 10=40, x=80 , find x, so you'd cross multiply)

Reaction score
Aoa wr wb,
- Can someone please help me for qn 2, how do we know that the examiner wants the values of part 'bi' to 2 significnt figures, and for part 'bii', to 2 decimal places?
- Secondly, why is the ms stating that the ratio calculated in 'b ii' must be I:Zn and not the inverse, i mean i did it as Zn:I, but the ms clearly states not to do that:/
- And for part 'e' of the same qn, the reasons for the anomalies in the ms don't quite agree with my understanding, can someone please elaborate?
MaxStudentALevel xhizors and @ all other p5 candidates
Thanx a lot :)
0.0000000021 is 2 significant figures
2.01 is 3 sig fig
0.101 is 3 sig
conclusion zeros before any number is bekar
zeros after any numbers are royals
21.09 is 2 decimal places

for this I:Zn because they asked it in a question !

zinc has been oxidised during drying== means zinc still have some mass
u need to see the ratio

Reaction score
Any form in which u think the examiner will get it. your points must be clear though. If you're good at writing the plan down, then write it down cuz again, the examiner doesn't know anything so you are explaining a Jahil insan who never saw the face of chemisstry in his life ;)
get it?

OHMYGOSH I LAUGHED OUT LOUD AHAHAHAA PERFECT!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Any form in which u think the examiner will get it. your points must be clear though. If you're good at writing the plan down, then write it down cuz again, the examiner doesn't know anything so you are explaining a Jahil insan who never saw the face of chemisstry in his life ;)
get it?

lol hahaha

Reaction score
i just want to be sure if i am doing the serial dilutions correctly
Lets say i have 2 moldm^-3 of and acid...
and i am making my total volume constant to 100 cm^3
I want a solution of acid with concentration 1 moldm^-3
So in this case will case i will add 50 cm^3 of distilled water and 50cam^3 of acid
now lets say i want to make a concentration of 0.5 moldm^-3
so i will add 25 cm^3 of acid n 75 cm^3 of distilled water
(Please tell me ASAP...if i am correct or not)
JazakAllah!
thats simple dilution

Reaction score
get it?

gt tht!! :p