• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PAKISTAN STUDIEs notes

Reaction score
OK then for example you didn't write the simplistic statement, instead you wrote the hijrat movement in details and then gave the most important reason and then wrote: " There were many other reasons also" so what will happen................................. I guess that the examiners don't see the pattern, they just see whether you have answered the question to the point or not.
Even if you disordered the answer they won't check this, they will only see your answer.

Reaction score
I think the simplistic statement carries like a single mark, so if you just start abruptly, you might lose that mark. If you write the hijrat movement in detail, and then the most important reason, it will work. Just make sure that Hijrat Movement, as it is in the question, should be written first, and then in detail. After writing the most important reason and other reasons(explaining them to some degree), then the judgement would be needed for which you will have to again refer to the most important reason. Hope it helps :D.

Reaction score
@Shahlakh You also have to write other reasons as well !! Listen brother !! 1-9 marks will be awarded for the Hijrat movement. 1-3 marks for other reasons for the failure of Khilafat movement and 1 mark for your opinion !! hope this clears up everything !!

Reaction score
Alchemist4lvf, so in the way I told you to write, can we score full 14 marks, even if we didn't mention the simplistic statement?
And thanks salman :D
Sorry if I am bothering you guys!!

Reaction score
well..........thanks alot all ov you..........( i wasnt supporting redspot) ............... SO THE FINAL OUTCOME IS THAT WE SHOULD REFER TO THE MARKING SCHEMES INSTEAD OF REDSPOT .... RIGHT?

Reaction score
@Shahlakh I have been trying to answer your question but i think you can't get what i m trying to say.
@Silent hunter you should go for Marking Scheme !! right decision my friend .. :D

Reaction score
shahlakh: I dont think exact 14, cuz i am not sure, but at least a single mark is for the simplistic statement. Meaning, dont start abruptly, and dont start with a whole paragraph of introduction.

As for the final outcome, the thing is, redspot is not all bad. I mean, they have got the facts, but not the style, as i said before. For concisely given facts, you can refer to redspot. As for the style, you should know by heart. As for the marking schemes, they show you what marks are allocated for what kind of answer, and briefly give you the answers, so BOOOYAKAA.

Reaction score
salmanpakrocks said:
Lets take an Example here !! Q) Was migration to Afganistan the major cause of failure of Khilafat movement? Explain your answer {14} .
In this Question the marking scheme demands us to write more about Migration and Explain the cause in detail while the past paper of Redspot will start the answer with Abolition of Khilafat which is unacceptable in CIE !!

You are absolutely right dude=) I agree with you. I want to add something more to this.Redspot pastpapers for history are also not a source for studying the right way because the answers are given in points. the CIE board of examiners clearly say that if the answers,especially in the history paper are given in points they simply cut out the whole answer. I'm sure of what I'm talking about because i used to study answers from Redspot pastpapers too, but when I saw that they use the wrong pattern I stopped using them.
In general,I would say through my observations that Redspot pastpapers (the main publishers) only print answers which are very accurate for MCQ's i.e paper 1's for subjects like Physics,Chem,Bio and more...
Hope this helps=)

Reaction score
GUYS ATTENTION PLEASE!
My name's Adeel Ali and I'm from Karachi.
I'm selling 2nd hand pastpapers at low price for Pak Studies which include Redspot pastpapers (not completely updated till 2010 ofcourse but you can always print them out, but they do contain majority of the questions). I also have unsolved ones for both History and Geography (Pak studies).
Each past paper book would cost 100 Rs only!Yes,100 rs only,not kidding.They're in very good condition although they've been used by me( trust me,I'm extremely careful with books, tearing and scribbling on them is not my habit,seriously)
Please guys,If you buy more than one past paper book I'll even give you some discount!!
Plus,I even have notes written by Zia-ul-hassan himself who is a very able teacher for Pak Studies which I'm selling for 50 Rs only!
Also, if you want any other TEXTBOOK,PASTPAPER, OR ANY NOTES, I might JUST have them, so please don't be shy, just contact me, eat my head, cause I really have to get rid of them some way.I swear,I literally have 2 CRICKET BAGS full of books and pastpapers and all this stuff!Please, do me a favour by buying them from me, trust me, at a low price such as 100 Rs.
PLEASE!=)

Reaction score
Dude you could also tell when you gave your exam as the syllabus changed,so u might attract people.

Reaction score
Dear Shalakh the answer demand first right about 16-18 lines on the reason they have give then they demand to right 3-4 lines in on 2 other reason or more u may know and opinion in the end...Salman is right and this pattern is followed in CIE u should for Ur confirmation check Marking schemes instead of asking us and proving us wrong. ;)

Reaction score
HEY HEY HEY I am not trying to prove you wrong. I am just confused. Thats why I was asking you guys. :D :)

Reaction score
DANISHROCKS said:
Dear Shalakh the answer demand first right about 16-18 lines on the reason they have give then they demand to right 3-4 lines in on 2 other reason or more u may know and opinion in the end...Salman is right and this pattern is followed in CIE u should for Ur confirmation check Marking schemes instead of asking us and proving us wrong. ;)
welcome danish bhai !! Finally decided to come here !! :p