• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PAKISTAN STUDIEs notes

Reaction score
Hey people .............. is any body having pakistan studies notes............for may 2011?'

Reaction score
Best way to prepare for self for the paper is to prepare your own notes !! use the book (Nigel Kelly) for History and (Huma naz Sethi) for Geography !! Download the marking Scheme along with the Examiner Report !! Don't follow the answers of Redspot past papers as the are wrong however you can take valid points for them !! Hope this helps :D

Reaction score
Are you really sure that the red spot answers are wrong? because I have seen many answers that are just written according to the mark schemes. I have the Pakistan studies redspot past papers and it is written by M.A ansari. Am I right to say so? Are you talking about that redspot which I have?

Reaction score
@Shahlakh I also have the same one !! I m not telling you that they contain Invaild points rather i m telling you that the PATTERN in which the answers are written is wrong !! When I prepare my notes I take points from the past paper answer and when answering a Question i use marking Scheme !!! Hope this clears everything !! =)

Reaction score
Sorry there but what do u mean by the pattern of the answer? I mean the way they start answering the question or kinda like that???

Reaction score
@Shahlakh Yeah !! They answer the Question in the wrong way !! Dont follow their answering Scheme !! Always follow marking scheme !!

Reaction score
Lets take an Example here !! Q) Was migration to Afganistan the major cause of failure of Khilafat movement? Explain your answer {14} .
In this Question the marking scheme demands us to write more about Migration and Explain the cause in detail while the past paper of Redspot will start the answer with Abolition of Khilafat which is unacceptable in CIE !!

Reaction score
I think in the answer to this question we should first write about the hijrat movement in details and then write "But that was not the major cause, the major cause was......" and then give other causes as well, this will give you the whole 14 marks!!! Because this question is mainly about analysis and evaluation.

Reaction score
hey............i think to the question the answer should include surely the migration ........... but as its asking for other reason(s) as well.............. so shouldnt we mention them also......... in order to make the comparison ??

Reaction score
No the migration was not the main cause, the main cause was the abolition of the seat of the caliphate......

Reaction score
shahlakh : no dude.............you didnt understand what i am trying to say........... i am not saying what was the major reason............i am just saying that in order to set up your argument to tell what was the major reason we have to discuss the other reasons as well (whether they were major or not) along with the other mentioned in the question.......

Reaction score
You only think, but you are not sure. Have you seen this in the mark scheme?

Reaction score
i think the marking schemes donot mention any most major reason.......... dont know where this question came............if you know then please do tell

Reaction score
Assalamualaikum all. Silent, what Salman is saying that Redspot have facts, but not the appropriate style of writing which should be adopted. I agree with him, because in the book, sometimes, the answers to the 7 marks questions are either very short, or as long as the 14 marks question. The answers to the 14 marks questions usually have the exact facts, but they are not reproduced on paper in the correct manner. For e.g they use headings for topics like, the cause of failure of war of independence. Headings should not be used. As far as this question is concerned, first and foremost, one has to give a simplistic statement, such as "The Khilafat Movement, which had been aimed at restoring the Khilafat in Turkey, met its failure by the mid of the 1920s." Then, you give the reason mentioned in the question, "Various factors contributed to this, among them, the Hijrat Movement." THEN YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN THE FACTOR IN THE QUESTION THE MOST. Other factors will then be explained, but not as much the one mentioned in the question. Then evaluate.

Most of this you might have already known, but the explaining of the factor in the question is very important. Hope this helps.