• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Asalam-u-alikum !!!! I have a question that how would we answer the source based question that will appear in history CIE exams 2015..... please guide me..

Reaction score
Asalam-u-alikum !!!! I have a question that how would we answer the source based question that will appear in history CIE exams 2015..... please guide me..

From next session , Q-1 would be compulsory...Parts (a) and (b) would be source-based questions using historical sources, either text or pictures/ graphic. Candidates use and interpret each source in answering the questions.

Remember all the parts would be linked by a common theme.

Reaction score

Example :-

1 This question is about the establishment of the independent state of Pakistan in 1947.
Study the sources carefully and then answer the questions which follow.

Source A :-
If we are to exist as a nation and give shape to the dream of Pakistan, we will have to face the problems with determination and force. Our people are disorganised and disheartened by the difficulties we face. Their morale is low and we will have to work harder to pull them out of their despondency and galvanise them to action. All this throws a greater responsibility on government servants, to whom our people look for guidance.
From a speech by Jinnah to government officials in October 1947

(a) According to Source A, what problems faced Pakistan in 1947? (3 Mark)
*The Ans would be like this* ;
Population who have low morale, are disheartened and disorganised, government will need to work hard to motivate the people and have to become more responsible.

Reaction score

Q-(b) What does Source B tell us about Muslim refugees in 1947?
543871_485937644782932_903045044_n.jpg

you may include these points using this picture... ( In source B , some photograph would be given )

1)I can see people on a train.
2)Lots of people are moving, families are leaving. It looks dangerous.
3)(Lastly include some reference for max. marks.)
Lots of people are moving because the train is crowded and people are sitting on the roof. It looks dangerous because the refugees are clinging to the sides of the train and they may fall off when the train moves. Many refugees lost their lives while travelling by train from India to Pakistan in 1947 when partition was announced.

Hope this was helpful :)

Reaction score
Ushnaaa,
That's crazy! 4 quotations or Ahadith develop and show that you can describe your answer in a very thoughtful and mature manner, given that you comment on them and support them. Be precise and ellaborative when it comes to using quotations as tools and not as just an excuse to avoid reasoning.
That's my opinion. I think you should know almost two to three Qur'anic quotations or Ahadith for every particular event/happening.

exactly

Reaction score
hey buddy #husnain99 i ve got a problem in urdu.
The essay ,1st question in paper1 , should be of 150 words. But it should contain the relevant material for all of the points as well. I can't get all the points in 150 words. Suggest me a way for doing so ???

Reaction score
Method of Directed Writing ;

Tamheed ( starting lines 1-2)

1st bullet point ( max 5-6 lines )
2nd bullet point ( max 5-6 lines )
3rd bullet point ( max 5-6 lines )

Ending lines ( 1 to 2 lines )

Usually I write directed writing of 160 words ,will send u directed writings written by me...

Reaction score
hey buddy #husnain99 i ve got a problem in urdu.
The essay ,1st question in paper1 , should be of 150 words. But it should contain the relevant material for all of the points as well. I can't get all the points in 150 words. Suggest me a way for doing so ???
Method of Directed Writing ;

Tamheed ( starting lines 1-2)

1st bullet point ( max 5-6 lines )
2nd bullet point ( max 5-6 lines )
3rd bullet point ( max 5-6 lines )

Ending lines ( 1 to 2 lines )

Usually I write directed writing of 160 words ,will send u directed writings written by me...

Reaction score
but the question is that how are we gonna cover the whole point in 5-6 lines ??? thats very short u know ?? we won't get marks then?

Reaction score
Q-(b) What does Source B tell us about Muslim refugees in 1947?
View attachment 49543

you may include these points using this picture... ( In source B , some photograph would be given )

1)I can see people on a train.
2)Lots of people are moving, families are leaving. It looks dangerous.
3)(Lastly include some reference for max. marks.)
Lots of people are moving because the train is crowded and people are sitting on the roof. It looks dangerous because the refugees are clinging to the sides of the train and they may fall off when the train moves. Many refugees lost their lives while travelling by train from India to Pakistan in 1947 when partition was announced.

Hope this was helpful :)
THANKS ALOT :) :)

Reaction score
I have a question that how would we answer the statement questions that would appear in 2015 geography CIE...
There are two statements below :
1.Construction of Pakistan-Iran pipeline will solve our energy crisis as more gas-fired thermal power plants could be set up that will lead to industrialization and economic prosperity.
2.We should not depend on natural resources of other countries to solve our energy crisis. We can generate power from renewable resources (wind, sunlight, water, waves etc.) to boost up our economy.

which statement do you agree more ? Give reasons for your answer and refer to places and examples you have studied in Pakistan to support your answer..

please help me to solve statement questions.....

Reaction score
I have a question that how would we answer the statement questions that would appear in 2015 geography CIE...
There are two statements below :
1.Construction of Pakistan-Iran pipeline will solve our energy crisis as more gas-fired thermal power plants could be set up that will lead to industrialization and economic prosperity.
2.We should not depend on natural resources of other countries to solve our energy crisis. We can generate power from renewable resources (wind, sunlight, water, waves etc.) to boost up our economy.

which statement do you agree more ? Give reasons for your answer and refer to places and examples you have studied in Pakistan to support your answer..

please help me to solve statement questions.....

Pakistan Studies updated Syllabus 2015:
In Paper 2: the environment of Pakistan
Part (d) of each question specifically assesses analysis skills. It also demands students to offer name-specific examples to gain maximum marks. This is a sample answer for appearing students for purpose of Guidance:

10665163_10204173086000507_2675867777463865490_n.jpg

Reaction score
Pakistan Studies updated Syllabus 2015:
In Paper 2: the environment of Pakistan
Part (d) of each question specifically assesses analysis skills. It also demands students to offer name-specific examples to gain maximum marks. This is a sample answer for appearing students for purpose of Guidance:

View attachment 49789

Thanks!! And do we have to refer both statements in our answer to find conclusion ???