• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
i guess, 10/14

and the actual question was "How successful were British in solving political problems b/w 1909-1919
I wrote about the Morley Minto reforms; they granted Muslims separate electorates, but caused great uprising- an uprising strong enough to reverse the partition in 1911. I also mentioned about the Lucknow Pact; about how in the first time in the period of the British, they had made united demand, Congress proposals and acceptance, but how the British clearly ignore this. Also how Hindus were aiming to achieve self-rule. Also mentioned Montague-Chelmsford Reforms; about how British accepted to give seats, gave greater political recognition, gave princes seats, gave some type of authority to the Indians through transferred seats, but how everyone disregarded it (mentioned the quotes of Jinnah and Congress), and why they disregarded it. Also finished of in a last para, but writing how they were successful and how they were not, and made an evaluation; how on the whole they were not successful
(Resent the fact that I did not mention Rowlett Act). Is my answer good enough?

Reaction score
I wrote about the Morley Minto reforms; they granted Muslims separate electorates, but caused great uprising- an uprising strong enough to reverse the partition in 1911. I also mentioned about the Lucknow Pact; about how in the first time in the period of the British, they had made united demand, Congress proposals and acceptance, but how the British clearly ignore this. Also how Hindus were aiming to achieve self-rule. Also mentioned Montague-Chelmsford Reforms; about how British accepted to give seats, gave greater political recognition, gave princes seats, gave some type of authority to the Indians through transferred seats, but how everyone disregarded it (mentioned the quotes of Jinnah and Congress), and why they disregarded it. Also finished of in a last para, but writing how they were successful and how they were not, and made an evaluation; how on the whole they were not successful
(Resent the fact that I did not mention Rowlett Act). Is my answer good enough?
i'm not an examiner, may be u r better than me.
I wouldnt call exactly WW1 a method to find solution of Indian problem though I said it started in 1914 :p
they did not ask for the *methods*, they just asked "how successful were", so I just included a point that WW1 diverted their attention from british, and that Indian role in British army was important coz of which indians expected more grants from british than they were actually granted so indians were enraged which caused more problems.

Reaction score

they did not ask for the *methods*, they just asked "how successful were", so I just included a point that WW1 diverted their attention from british, and that Indian role in British army was important coz of which indians expected more grants from british than they were actually granted so indians were enraged which caused more problems.
did you repeat reversal of partition story?

Reaction score
Do Muhawrat that have already appeared in the past papers repeat or should i skip them? :s please reply asap x

Reaction score
pl tell me three reasons of congress ministries resignation in1939
=> poimts were rejected
=> india participation in war without permission
=> self rule pressurization
Hope this helps
Ill tell you the points later
Kal urud 2 ka paper hai :( cie ka

Reaction score
i guess, 10/14

and the actual question was "How successful were British in solving political problems b/w 1909-1919
I did explain the failures and successes but forgot to write about rowlatt act :( so will I atleast get 12?? I'm so worried. What did u write??

Reaction score

I also wrote this point when I wrote about the failures of montford report.:)