• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I am confused in the 'B' part of the surahs..
my teacher tells that the question is "Explain the importance of this passage in the Muslims life today?"
while as I know it is "How does this passage describes its theme in a distinctive way?"

I have to appear in May/June 2014
can anyone guide me?

Reaction score
u need to know the importance theme in distinctive is over like surah al kauther is important for muslims as muslins get a firm belief not to loose hope in Allah and keep praying to Allah for all ur problems. Worship him and sacrifice only for Allah, here u can add the quotation 'Verily my prayer, my sacrifice..' ull do good

Reaction score
I am confused in the 'B' part of the surahs..
my teacher tells that the question is "Explain the importance of this passage in the Muslims life today?"
while as I know it is "How does this passage describes its theme in a distinctive way?"

I have to appear in May/June 2014
can anyone guide me?
The distinctive qs. was asked previously. Now as the patern has changed so the new qs. is about importance in a Muslim's life today

Reaction score
I got a problem in preparing for P.st paper 1...
I am studying from Nigel Kelly's book..
the problem is that in the recent past papers the questions appeared as..

Q.Who was Titu Mir? [4]
Q.What happened in the battle of Kanpur? [4]

These points are not available in the book.. However I got their answer from the answer keys..
what if such a question appears in my coming CIE exams?

From where shall i Prepare?
Can anyone advise me? :(

Reaction score

Q.Who was Titu Mir? [4]

These points are not available in the book.. However I got their answer from the answer keys..

Bro search it on google and use reference books endorsed by CIE :)

Reaction score

Q.Who was Titu Mir? [4]

Farooq Bajwa the tiny pink colored book has load of material... but it is really lengthy so you'll have to start now otherwise you won't be able to finish up! plus these questions are quiet rare and usually come in oct/nov!!!

Reaction score

Q.Who was Titu Mir? [4]

Study from the Nigel Smith book, too. It has Titu Mir and Battle of Kanpur, and everything.

Reaction score
Hello can someone please give me the whole paper pattern of pak studies and islamiat 2014 please fast!

The importance of understanding the pattern is the same as knowing how you would be marked, if u want to know how the examiners mark you in these papers, u can PM me.

Reaction score
The importance of understanding the pattern is the same as knowing how you would be marked, if u want to know how the examiners mark you in these papers, u can PM me.

plzzzz guide me about how examiner marks the answers of islamyat and pak studies !!!!!!!! thanx in advance

Reaction score
Thanks..:) I got my book...

But don't rely on this book alone.
Nigel Kelly is the best Cambridge endorsed book.
You should only refer to this book, for more knowledge and to broaden your understanding and for stuff that is not present in Nigel Kelly (Titu Mir, etc.)

Reaction score
But don't rely on this book alone.
Nigel Kelly is the best Cambridge endorsed book.
You should only refer to this book, for more knowledge and to broaden your understanding and for stuff that is not present in Nigel Kelly (Titu Mir, etc.)

i totally agree I studied from Nigel Kelly and got an A!!!

Reaction score

Q.Who was Titu Mir? [4]

Well,I think that these sort of questions where u require some detail study can be troublesome.The 7 mark and 14 mark questions are typical and almost exclusively from nigel Kelly,s book.About these 4 mark questions only,you would need to sift through sources.Well there is a document of all 4 marks question frm sec1 and 2 and u can download them courtesy of Suchal riaz(XPC member).U will find the link to 4 marks questions from there,in his signature.From what I have to say,U need only to refer these 4 mark questions,esp for sec1 and 2(as 7 and 14 marks questions are typical).

Reaction score
i studied frm nigel kelly sec 1 sec 2 nd my xam was next day and it went great now 4 marks also come frm nigel kelly i got (nov 2013) how was sindhi promoted, what was muhammd anglo oreintal school, what was quit india resolution 1942 tats it