• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Re: Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts h

sweetiepie said:
Explain me

Key Question 7: How successful was the Khilafat Movement in advancing the cause of the Pakistan
Movement?
Focus points:
• What were the origins, aims and main
features of the Khilafat Movement?
• Why did the Khilafat Movement fail?

Specified content:
• reasons for the rise of the movement
• the objectives of the Khilafat Conference 1918
• the Khilafat Delegation to England 1920 and
reasons for failure
• the causes, course and reasons for failure of the
Hijrat Movement
• the impact of the Khilafat and Hijrat movements
on Muslims in the sub-continent

First u must understand that specified content is content which is inside the focus point,u have to read and perfect ur self by doing specified content and then u can do the focus point ques !

See :twisted:
The question first asks abt how and why does the Khilafat movement come into existence because of
1. Turkey should not be cut up into parts
2. Muslim sacred places should not be harmed
3. Caliphate should not be abolished
4. the muslisms had seen that how Muslim states like Afghanistan and Persia had been taken over by British and Russians and they had ruled the land by themselves however they wiished and never looked to the people wishes so the Muslims wanted to save turkey from this fate !

Refer to ur Book as it explains in detail and then ask abt anything u dont get !

One more thing what do u dont get in this ques,the whole ques or just parts first tell me that then accordingly ill tell u the answers !

Reaction score

the whole ques i mean like how wat do we have to learn frm this chapter and i have read this in book still stuck with it :(

Reaction score

Descibe the events of the caliphate of Hazrat Umar.
OR
Describe the life of Hazrat Umar during his caliphate.

Will we only mention the expansion of his caliphate since that's all that basically happened? Or will we have to write about his administration too? But would that not make the answer too long for 10 marks?

Reaction score

RuckingFetard03 said:
Descibe the events of the caliphate of Hazrat Umar.
OR
Describe the life of Hazrat Umar during his caliphate.

Will we only mention the expansion of his caliphate since that's all that basically happened? Or will we have to write about his administration too? But would that not make the answer too long for 10 marks?

we hav to write abt the expansion and brief abt administration..

Reaction score

we hav to write abt the expansion and brief abt administration..

For Q 1 u are good what eildduel said but Q2 i think u have to mention his character and how and what he used to carry on day to day operations so u also have to write a little abt administration and then his character !

Reaction score
For Q 1 u are good what eildduel said but Q2 i think u have to mention his character and how and what he used to carry on day to day operations so u also have to write a little abt administration and then his character !
i agree wth scouserlfc

Reaction score
c) The natural topography, including drainage
Candidates should be able to identify the following on a map:
• named landforms: Balochistan Plateau, Sulaiman Range, Safed Koh, Potwar Plateau, Salt Range,
Hindu Kush, Karakoram and Himalaya Mountain Ranges
• named rivers: Indus, Jhelum, Chenab, Ravi, Sutlej, Kabul, Hab, Dasht
• named deserts: Thar, Thal, Kharan
Candidates should be able to:
• use the appropriate vocabulary when describing the distinguishing features of mountains, plateaux,
floodplains and deserts [NB Knowledge of the formation of the natural topography of Pakistan is NOT
required]
• identify and name the above features on a photograph or drawing
• understand the influence of the natural topography on human activities
(i) steep slopes and flat land on the way that the land is used
(ii) mountains and deserts on the road and rail networks
d) Climate
Candidates should:
• know the distribution of temperature and rainfall, including monsoon, depressions and convectional
rain
• know seasonal and regional variations, and the factors contributing to them, including depressions,
thunderstorms and cyclones (typhoons)

• understand the causes of the monsoon [NB Knowledge of the causes of other types of rain is NOT
required]
• describe and explain the characteristics of the climate of the arid, semi-arid, humid and highland
regions, including seasonal variations
• know the influence of latitude and longitude on day length and climate
• understand the influence of the climate (both the benefits it brings and the problems it causes) on the
economy and on the lives of the people
(i) the influence of low temperature, ice and snow on the lives of people in the mountains
(ii) the influence of rain storms and flooding on agriculture, industry and communications
(iii) the problems caused by drought and shortage of water supply on agriculture and industr

notes needed urgent :(

Reaction score

the whole ques i mean like how wat do we have to learn frm this chapter and i have read this in book still stuck with it :(

cmon its easy read this as many times u want use the internet for help and read from a number of sources like different books,but if u dont understand how are u answering the questionns on this topic ! ?

Reaction score
look.......... dont go deep.. e.g. for balochistan :

(I dont remember exactly cuz i am not studying pakistan studies)

-rivers
-deserts
-ranges
-hot
-dry
-less population
-less rainfall except sometimes on coast

anybody correct me if am wrong

Reaction score
IS IT RIGHT :)

(b) Why was Dr Allama Muhammad Iqbal an important influence on the struggle for a separate
homeland for Pakistan? [7]

(b) Allama IMuhammad Iqbal was a great influence on the struggle for a seperate homeland for Muslims of the sub-continent. He expressed the idea of a seperate homeland in his Allahabad Address in 1930. He stressed that Muslims are a seperate nation and they should they should keep their cultural and religious identity. Allama Iqbal strongly supported the two nation theory and said that there was no possibility of peace in the sub-continent unless Muslims were recognised as a seperate nation. He explained that since Islam is a complete code of life and guides the Muslims in every field, therefore Muslims in India needed a home land where they could freely profess their religion and mould their lives in accordance with the principles of Islam.
Thus Iqbal's views helped the Muslims to determine a line of action and work out a definite programme in order to achiene the goal of a seperate homeland.Iqbal's importance lies in the fact it was the first time that the idea of a seperate Muslim state wasexpressed from Muslim League platform.The Lahore Resolution of 1940was in fact based upon the ideas expressed in the Allahabad Address of 1930. Allama Iqbal's influence and contribution to the ideology of Pakistan cannot be underestimated.
In Lahore Resolution of 1940 the muslims demanded a separate homeland which was the basis of the views of Allama Iqbal in his address of Allahabad

what more points can be jux added to gain 7 marks

if u write ur answer in three paragraphs, one point in each paragraph, it ll make ur work more clear n points prominent. anyway, here u go. the points for this question are that firstly he was the one who initiated the idea of separate homeland. he gave inspiration. secondly, he gave his Allahabad address. he was also present in the round table conferences. he was the one was motivated quaid to rejoin politics after his voluntary exile in 1932. and of course, he was the one who gave the first words to the unspoken desire of most muslims' heart in subcontinent. i hope this helps u. best of luck :)

Reaction score
look.......... dont go deep.. e.g. for balochistan :

(I dont remember exactly cuz i am not studying pakistan studies)

-rivers
-deserts
-ranges
-hot
-dry
-less population
-less rainfall except sometimes on coast

anybody correct me if am wrong

Salman is right to a point,

I remember, that western mountains never came in the paper uptil now. So you can too give it a shallow read..
western mountains = (safed koh, waziristan hill, ...etc, they are the mountains other then the northern mountains (himalaya, karakoram and hindu kush))

Reaction score
Hey How can I manage my Time because every time i lack behind in answering 14 marks or 7 marks question and i am in great havoc and history paper we only have 1hr 30 min and the Paper pattern u guys already know.. any Tips or suggestion will help... Thanks

Reaction score
Does anyone have Geography notes and islamiat past paper ( topical) and guess question ...Kindly Post it here in reply ... Thanks :D

Reaction score

Sweetie pie refer to past paper 1996 to 2010 redspot solves with answer... These are the best and it contain all question answer And is topical :D Hope this help u in Khilafat movement... If u wanna ask me any answer related to history or geography Contact me on my facebook id [email protected]