• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Re: Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts h

sweetiepie said:
Sir Syed Khan Contribution to Education Politics and Religion ?

any one pls complete answer it to mee :)

Sir syed contributed alot to education.He wrote many books in order to promote education amongst the Muslims of that time.He wrote .........Tahzib-ul-akhlaq...... which included the veiws of some major scholars of that time.He established scientific society at Ghazipore in 1863.He translated many writing to urdu from other langauages so that maximum number of people could understand themSir syed also opened schools in Muradabad and opened another in ghazipore in 1864.in around 1869 he went to england to study cammbridge and oxford pattern of education.On may 24 1875 he made the Muhammadan Anglo Oriental School in Aligarh.It became a symbol of unity for the muslims.Future leaders like liaquat alikhan and ayub khan were educated there.In around 1920 it became the University of Aligarh

Sir syed also contributed alot to politics.He realised that hindus were not willing to work with the muslims.Congress was also not keeping in view the rights of the muslims and became pure hindu party.Due to this sir syed wanted separate seats for the muslims in elections as the hindus were larger in number than the muslims.

In religion sir syed united the muslims by supporting the two nattion theory and the hindi urdu controvery of 1867 in which hindus wanted hindi to be the officioal language while the muslims wanted urdu.He realised the threat to muslims so united them and gave them good education.He also strated aligarh movement

(anybody correct me if i am wrong)

Reaction score

(c) Which of the following was the most important contribution of Sir Syed Ahmed Khan in
restoring the position of Muslims in the sub-continent:
(i) attempts to achieve a better understanding between the British and the Muslims;
(ii) education;
(iii) politics?
Explain your answer with reference to all three of the above. [14]

this answer i want complete marking scheme not there its from 2003 November :(

Reaction score

What is the syllabus for Islamiat Paper 1 and Paper 2?

Reaction score

Silent Hunter said:
sweetiepie said:

Sir syed contributed alot to education.He wrote many books in order to promote education amongst the Muslims of that time.He wrote .........Tahzib-ul-akhlaq...... which included the veiws of some major scholars of that time.He established scientific society at Ghazipore in 1863.He translated many writing to urdu from other langauages so that maximum number of people could understand themSir syed also opened schools in Muradabad and opened another in ghazipore in 1864.in around 1869 he went to england to study cammbridge and oxford pattern of education.On may 24 1875 he made the Muhammadan Anglo Oriental School in Aligarh.It became a symbol of unity for the muslims.Future leaders like liaquat alikhan and ayub khan were educated there.In around 1920 it became the University of Aligarh

Sir syed also contributed alot to politics.He realised that hindus were not willing to work with the muslims.Congress was also not keeping in view the rights of the muslims and became pure hindu party.Due to this sir syed wanted separate seats for the muslims in elections as the hindus were larger in number than the muslims.

In religion sir syed united the muslims by supporting the two nattion theory and the hindi urdu controvery of 1867 in which hindus wanted hindi to be the officioal language while the muslims wanted urdu.He realised the threat to muslims so united them and gave them good education.He also strated aligarh movement

is this enough to write??

Reaction score

Q.Describe Simon Commision of 1927 ? [4]

Simon commission was made in 1927.It was headed by john simon.It was formed to conssider the situation in India.All members were british and none of them was indian.This thing angered many indians who went against it.Infact in 1919 the Government of india act stated that a commission would be formed after 10 years to look for the situation india.It was considered as an insult to india and many parties and indian rose against it

Q.How successful were the 3 round table conference off 1930-1932 ?

Just write the main points... including advantages and disadvantages.given in nigel kelly...

Q.How important was the Government of India Act 1935 ?

Explain the points given on page of nigel kelly page 77

Q.Why did war of independence of 1857 fail ?

-disunity
-some princes supported british (e.g. ruler of kashmir sent 2000 troops)
-strenght of british
-poor weapons and army of indians.
-no good leader except few

(page 26)

Q.Why did Khilafat Movement fail ?

page 68

Reaction score

sweetiepie said:
Silent Hunter said:
sweetiepie said:

is this enough to write??

Just explain abit..... 3 correct reasons with few references leads to highest marks

Reaction score

Explain me

How important was the work of Sir Syed Ahmed Khan to the development of the Pakistan Movement during the nineteenth century

Sir Syed advised the Muslim not to join Congress.
His contribution to education politics and religion.
He restored the relation b/w British & Muslim.

Reaction score

Just want to confirm

Reasons for the establishment of the Khilafat Movement {7] can this be the answer of aims origins and main features

The khilafat movement was started in 1919 after the first world war had ended. Germany and turkey were defeated in the war. The allies put severe penalties on Germany and it was feared that turkey will also be harshly treated by the British. Turkish outside possessions had already been taken away by Britain and France who were now going to cut up the mainland of turkey into several parts.
The Muslims of the subcontinent could not tolerate the dismemberment of turkey and the humiliation of the caliphate. The caliphate had a religious significance and was of great sentimental value for the Muslims. Khilafat conference was held in November 1919 with the following objectives:
1. Turkey should not be cut up into parts
2. Muslim sacred places should not be harmed
3. Caliphate should not be abolished
Muslims of the subcontinent put these demands to the government. A khilafat delegation was also sent to England to meet the British prime minister, Lloyd George. He refused to entertain their demands and the delegation failed. Therefore the khilafat movement was started. Protest meetings and marches were held throughout the country. In the meantime the congress had started the non cooperation movement and joined hands with the khilafat movement. Both were aimed against the British government and the demand of self rule was also added to the objectives of the khilafat movement. But the movement failed without achieving anything.

Reaction score

hmmm U r correct! but try to provide 4 points in 7 marks question for 7/7

Reaction score

Just to add in it dont ever write anything not needed in the ques like the end part it achieved nothing writing this is a waste of time and quite useless it indicates to the examiner that u are trying to extend ur question to make it look big,ALWAYS remember these examiners are experienced and they will get to know this if u do it on purpose !

some points for ur answer !
u can join this to point 1 that the muslisms had seen that how Muslim states like Afghanistan and Persia had been taken over by British and Russians and they had ruled the land by themselves however they wiished and never looked to the people wishes so the Muslims wanted to save turkey from this fate !

Also the Muslims had been told by their senior leaders (i kind of forgot the name it is in Bajwas book ) that Turkey was the last of Muslim states and therefore if it gets destroyed or the Islamic rule is removed it will lead to the downfall of the Muslims so the Khilafat Move. was launched for this purpose as well !

Reaction score

how will we make this in three points for 7 mark question

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 24
Reaction score

see its easy !
U can identifly three main points cat u :p
1.Failure of Hijrat movement
2.calling off of non cooperation
3.abolishment of caliphate

NOw u see the other points available are sub points they are used to support ur main point always attempt these questions by making a mind map identify three main points and then make sub points in them and then write the answer !

I would say this is an old MS and the points now days are much better to use which u can add to this ques !
if u turn back some pages u asked the ques of WOI and Khilafat failure and i wrote 6 or 5 points those points will and are mostly available in MS nowdays !
ALso remember this as long as ur points are good and written in books they are good and u dont need to match MS every time !

Reaction score

pls am not getting it this whole chapter will u explain me ?

Reaction score

Explain me

Key Question 7: How successful was the Khilafat Movement in advancing the cause of the Pakistan
Movement?
Focus points:
• What were the origins, aims and main
features of the Khilafat Movement?
• Why did the Khilafat Movement fail?

Specified content:
• reasons for the rise of the movement
• the objectives of the Khilafat Conference 1918
• the Khilafat Delegation to England 1920 and
reasons for failure
• the causes, course and reasons for failure of the
Hijrat Movement
• the impact of the Khilafat and Hijrat movements
on Muslims in the sub-continent

Reaction score

okay well now i have to go to study but i promise tomorrow morning i will do the explaining if no one else does but i wont do all at once !