• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Re: Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts h

also, there is choice between nazm n gazal right?

Reaction score

sadiaali said:
Please tell me the asnwer of it..
The lucknow pact of 1916 was the only beacon of hope for Hindu-Muslim unity between 1914 and 1930.Do you agree?Give ur ans.

this is easy describe the pact and explain how it was a hope and then briefly touch the other events in which muslims were close to hindus and in my mind i think this was the only one so just write in end that this was the only beacon of hope for the unity and other attempts for unity all failed due to some reasons !

Reaction score

Got it.. Thanks

Reaction score

Is there any Revision checklist for Pakistan Studies?

Reaction score

no.... i dont think so.... use the syllabus and the books..... for best preparation

Reaction score

Hey guys I have an answer for why urdu was chosen for pakistan's national language. What would you grade it out of 7?

Urdu held immense importance as it was over 300 years old and was a popular language that had great cultural importance . Sir Syed Ahmad Khan who was considered the person who introduced the concept of creating Pakistan made many efforts to preserve and protect urdu. The Aligarh Institute Gazette was also published in Urdu

It was considered a binding point of Muslims during the struggle with Hindus and British and also during the event of independence. Jinnah's 14 points also emphasized the importance of Urdu's preservation as it was considered the language of the Muslims.

Urdu was widely understood by most of the people of Pakistan and the Quaid made his speeches in Urdu. The government also used urdu at all levels of society.

What points should I add or cut out? Thanks a bunch if you can answer it as soon as you can!! :)

Reaction score

all ponts are good....... just add the work of iqbal,mir,hali and other poets of that time + translation of Holy Quran to urdu + base of pakistan movement.

Reaction score

and if you want a perfect answer go to nigel kelly's book.... under unit of languages at end they have answered this question perfectly earning you 7/7 marks :)

Reaction score

i have learnt that nigel kelly answer its easy :)

Reaction score

yes.... and also gives you chances of getting full marks..... this question is often repeated

Reaction score

yeah i know this is one i have byhearted as its repeated now just want regional languages answers if u dont will u gimme da complete answer of that :D

Reaction score

(J2006/P1/1c)

Q `The promotion of regional languages in Pakistan between 1947 and 1988 has been more successful
than the promotion of Urdu.' Do you agree? Explain your answer. [14]

Answer it am on this chapter finally pls wana know da complete answer as its also repeated :(

Reaction score

Urdu is very important for all pakistanis and it has been considered to be the
language of all Muslims for 300 years. It was the language associated with the Pakistani
Movement throughout its struggle with the British and the Hindus. After Independence it was
felt that the language was the uniting force behind the nation.the urdu hindi controvery sir syed supported urdu as official langauage for the muslims and india.

Punjabi is the local language of the Punjab. It was a popular language amongst the Sufi
poets who used it for their romantic folk poetry. These poems contributed greatly to the
popularity of Punjabi. After Independence, steps were taken for the promotion and
development of the language in other parts of the province. The Government have ensured
its development by giving support to those institutions who are using it for example in university of punjab punjabi is now taught at Masters level.important poets and people include bulleh shah ... for his 'kalam' and works.famous works include of various people : heer ranjha and sassi pannu etc

Sindhi was written in ‘Marwari’ and ‘Arz Nagari’ was of writing which was subsequently changed into Arabic. After Independence, steps were taken to promote the language e.g. the Sindhi Literary Board was set upin 1948 which has printed many books and magazines in the language.One of the famous person is shah abdul latif bhitai and sachal sarmast......sarmast academy was also setup in sindh....while department of sindhiology was setup in university of jamshoro in sindh.

Pushto literature was boosted after Independence since the poets had contributed a great deal to the
freedom struggle.Peshawar university supported it at all levels.....

The Baluchi language has also been promoted by its broadcasting on the
radio. The establishment of the Quetta Television Station has also helped to promote it.on the other hand magazines and books have been printed in balochi . karachi radio station also broadcasted in balochi lanagage.

(but still agree that urdu was the most promoted because it was the national langauge of the pakistan and the muslims because it united the muslims under one point and made them fight for their separate country which led to making of pakistan and also because its been promoted more than others) -- the things in brackets are your own opinoion... you can also disagree but remember to add good justification in it.

Reaction score

Inshallah i pray u get gud grades anyways thanks alot am done with section 1 :)

Reaction score

ameen.... i pray you get A* IN Your pakistan studies... :)

Reaction score

DOESN'T ANYONE TAKE URDU OVER HERE?????????????????????????????

Reaction score

RuckingFetard03 said:
DOESN'T ANYONE TAKE URDU OVER HERE?????????????????????????????
Urdu A or B. I take urdu B.

Reaction score

urdu A. :|
u guys r so lucky. I've no choice in my school.