• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Re: Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts h

2412957 said:
Urdu A
paper 2
is there any sort of word limit or can we write as much as we wish to?

well it depends on marks given in []

Reaction score

How much for the 25 mark question and the 15 and 10 ones?

Reaction score

Don't go for quantity. Your material in it should be worth it. Write what is asked, takes 10 lines or 10 pages.

Reaction score

(b) Why was Dr Allama Muhammad Iqbal an important influence on the struggle for a separate
homeland for Pakistan? [7]

(b) Allama IMuhammad Iqbal was a great influence on the struggle for a seperate homeland for Muslims of the sub-continent. He expressed the idea of a seperate homeland in his Allahabad Address in 1930. He stressed that Muslims are a seperate nation and they should they should keep their cultural and religious identity. Allama Iqbal strongly supported the two nation theory and said that there was no possibility of peace in the sub-continent unless Muslims were recognised as a seperate nation. He explained that since Islam is a complete code of life and guides the Muslims in every field, therefore Muslims in India needed a home land where they could freely profess their religion and mould their lives in accordance with the principles of Islam.
Thus Iqbal's views helped the Muslims to determine a line of action and work out a definite programme in order to achiene the goal of a seperate homeland.Iqbal's importance lies in the fact it was the first time that the idea of a seperate Muslim state wasexpressed from Muslim League platform.The Lahore Resolution of 1940was in fact based upon the ideas expressed in the Allahabad Address of 1930. Allama Iqbal's influence and contribution to the ideology of Pakistan cannot be underestimated.
In Lahore Resolution of 1940 the muslims demanded a separate homeland which was the basis of the views of Allama Iqbal in his address of Allahabad

what more points can be jux added to gain 7 marks

Reaction score

shariq123 said:
Assalam-wa-Alaikum
I have a few questions on Pakistan Studies History:
I would appreciate it if you give answer in point from or post the link of m/s

Q1 c)How successful was Indian resistance to British attempts to take control of lands in the sub -continent? Explain your answer. (14)
J2002

Q1 b) Why were the British able to replace the Mughals as the dominant force in the Sub-continent by 1850?
N2004

Q1 b) Why did SYed Ahmed Shaheed Barailvi have such a major influence on the revival of Islam in the subcontinent?(7)
N2003
c) How important was Shah Wali Ullah in the spread of Islam in the sub-continent before 1850? Explain your answer(14)
N2004
Q1 b) why were there attempts to revive Islam in the sub-continent during the eighteen and early 19th century?(7)
N2007
Q1 b)Why did Shah Wali Ulah have such a major influence on the revival of Islam in the subcontinent?(7)
J2010

Q2 b) Why did Sir Syed Ahmed Khan try to improve relations between the Muslims and the British?(7)
N2000
Q2 b)Why did Sir Syed Ahmed Khan develop his Two Nation theory? (7)
J2001

Q2 c) How successful has Pakistan been in promoting its regional languages? Explain your answer. (14)

N2000
Q1 c) Has the promotion of Urdu been more successful than that of any regional language in Pakistan between 1974 and 1977? Explain your answer. (14)
J2009

Q2 b) Why was the muslim League founded in the 1906? (7)
J2003

sumone atleast reply him if u dont wana reply me :(

Reaction score

hey i hav just one problem abt islamiyath what are the textbooks used in pakistan 4 islamiyath . Iam a srilankan and its really difficult 4 us 2 get textbooks i hav a photocopied version of 1 text book but i hav no version of the core text of islamiyath .... i dont really have that book . will u guyz pls help me.

MAY ALLAH BLESS U ALL :)

Reaction score

The textbooks I used:

Dr.David, (dont remember the name. its a book with brown cover)
Farkhnda Noor Muhammad (Dont know name. It have blue cover )
Islam in modern Prespectives ~ Ayesha Tariq

Reaction score

Q.Why did Jinnah produce his 14 Points in 1929 ? [7]
Q.Why did the War of Independence of 1857 fail ? [7]

please sumone gimme answers because am not able to write it :(

Reaction score

sweetiepie said:
Q.Why did Jinnah produce his 14 Points in 1929 ? [7]
Q.Why did the War of Independence of 1857 fail ? [7]

please sumone gimme answers because am not able to write it :(
Q1)
-To protect Muslim Interest
-To show British that Leaugue wasn't dependent on Congress to acknowledge their views to British Government.
-To show Hindu that Muslims were entirely different nation living in the Indian sub-contient and their right must be represented.

Q2
-Rebellors were unorganized and lacked leadership.
-British had advance technological weapons.
-Not all the Indians took part in the War some stayed loyal to the British!

Reaction score

Salam
I posted some questions earlier, but I guess no one got around to helping with them

I was able to getsome help from the mark schemes but am still unable to answer the following questions
Help would be appreciated :)

‘Indian resistance to British attempts to take control of lands in the sub-continent in the hundred years before 1850 was totally unsuccessful’ Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer (14)
J2008
Q1 b) Why did SYed Ahmed Shaheed Barailvi have such a major influence on the revival of Islam in the subcontinent?(7)
N2003
c) How important was Shah Wali Ullah in the spread of Islam in the sub-continent before 1850? Explain your answer(14)
N2004
J2001

Reaction score

sweetiepie said:
shariq123 said:
Assalam-wa-Alaikum
I have a few questions on Pakistan Studies History:
I would appreciate it if you give answer in point from or post the link of m/s

Q1 c)How successful was Indian resistance to British attempts to take control of lands in the sub -continent? Explain your answer. (14)
J2002

Q1 b) Why were the British able to replace the Mughals as the dominant force in the Sub-continent by 1850?
N2004

N2003
N2004
Q1 b) why were there attempts to revive Islam in the sub-continent during the eighteen and early 19th century?(7)
N2007
Q1 b)Why did Shah Wali Ulah have such a major influence on the revival of Islam in the subcontinent?(7)
J2010

Q2 b) Why did Sir Syed Ahmed Khan try to improve relations between the Muslims and the British?(7)
N2000
J2001

Q2 c) How successful has Pakistan been in promoting its regional languages? Explain your answer. (14)

N2000
Q1 c) Has the promotion of Urdu been more successful than that of any regional language in Pakistan between 1974 and 1977? Explain your answer. (14)
J2009

Q2 b) Why was the muslim League founded in the 1906? (7)
J2003

sumone atleast reply him if u dont wana reply me :(

@shariq they know da answers bt they dont wana help us :(

Reaction score

(b) Why was Dr Allama Muhammad Iqbal an important influence on the struggle for a separate
homeland for Pakistan? [7]

(b) Allama IMuhammad Iqbal was a great influence on the struggle for a seperate homeland for Muslims of the sub-continent. He expressed the idea of a seperate homeland in his Allahabad Address in 1930. He stressed that Muslims are a seperate nation and they should they should keep their cultural and religious identity. Allama Iqbal strongly supported the two nation theory and said that there was no possibility of peace in the sub-continent unless Muslims were recognised as a seperate nation. He explained that since Islam is a complete code of life and guides the Muslims in every field, therefore Muslims in India needed a home land where they could freely profess their religion and mould their lives in accordance with the principles of Islam.
Thus Iqbal's views helped the Muslims to determine a line of action and work out a definite programme in order to achiene the goal of a seperate homeland.Iqbal's importance lies in the fact it was the first time that the idea of a seperate Muslim state wasexpressed from Muslim League platform.The Lahore Resolution of 1940was in fact based upon the ideas expressed in the Allahabad Address of 1930. Allama Iqbal's influence and contribution to the ideology of Pakistan cannot be underestimated.
In Lahore Resolution of 1940 the muslims demanded a separate homeland which was the basis of the views of Allama Iqbal in his address of Allahabad

what more points can be jux added to gain 7 marks

Reaction score

I have a rare Questions and it may come in CIE. =@ =@
How important was the work of Sir Syed Ahmed Khan to the development of the Pakistan Movement during the nineteenth century?

I wrote about the Two-nation theory. Hindu-Urdu controversy
Sir Syed advised the Muslim not to join Congress.
His contribution to education politics and religion.
He restored the relation b/w British & Muslim.
His Aligarh movement.

PLEASE SET ME RIGHT IF I M WRONG. Waiting for your better answer.

Reaction score

I have a few questions on Pakistan Studies History Which is from syllabus of 2012 so pls complete answer needed if sumone help i will be thankful to that person :)

Q. What was the HIndu-Urdu Controversy?
Q.How important was Two NAtion Theory?

Reaction score

1.what was urdu hindi controversy?

1.it was started in 1867 . hindus demanded hindi to be official langauage. but muslims wanted urdu / persian to be official language.sir syed supported urdu in this thing.Due to this reason sir syed started two nation theory telling that muslims and hindus were two separate kinds of people.muslims opposed this and supported urdu as it was the sign and united the muslims of the india under one langauge.

2.How important was the two nations theory?

2.urdu was the national language for many years.but hindus opposed it in urdu controversy. this provoked sir syed to make his two nation theory to tel that urdu had place in hearts of muslims and was suppoorted by them and cant be replaced by hindu which was the langague of the hindus.it was important because sir syed had realised that muslims and hindu scouldnt work together as the hindus were not with the muslims

another reason was that the parliamentary system was not supported by sir syed.... hindus were in more number so they always outnumbered the muslims and due to this sir syed opposed it.sir syed realised that seaparate electorat e was the possible solution to this.so in view of his two nations theory he made this descion of separate electorate demand for elections for the good of the muslims.

another reason it was important was that congress spoke of competitive examinations for jobs and good posts while muslims were always not given good education so they were also not able to take good posts as hindu won all the seats and passed the examinations always.according to two nations theory sir syed suggested a separate quota for muslims as hindus were not working for the muslims at that time.so two nation theory was important here as well

Reaction score

Bengal was partitioned cuz
-Population of 84 million too hard to administer.
-British wanted to Break the strength of Hidu protest of the acts passed by British
-Lord Curzon wanted to develop friendly terms with the muslims.

Partition was reversed cuz
-Assasination attempts made of life of Lord Minto
-Hindu Protest and Marches were Common.
-A movement called Swedishi was launched.

want full explainations for this am confused :(

Reaction score

sweetiepie said:
Bengal was partitioned cuz
-Population of 84 million too hard to administer.
-British wanted to Break the strength of Hidu protest of the acts passed by British
-Lord Curzon wanted to develop friendly terms with the muslims.

Are you sure about this point?
coz I am not.

ANother point could be,
- British wanted to observe the growing political awareness, after the war of Independance.

Reaction score

Relating to the the first Prime Ministers (Liaquat ali to Feroz Khan noon) which types of Qs may come???