• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
But in my Urdu Mujib ur Rehman book it is written that you should write in 3 -4 paragraphs !!

Reaction score
no yar i've heard in these subjects a boundary is set according to the one who has got highest marks.. for example if someone has taken 72 which are highest then boundary for A* will be set from 64 to 72............................................................................................????? am I correct??
& if I am then can u plz tell me that how much is that boundary normally???

Reaction score
Yes i had explained both very well but just missed a point that i mentioned above.. other than that, my paper went awesome.. i m just worried about this question that how much marks they do deduct for just one reason? there were other reasons which i have mentioned but just one i forgot to write. i hope they grant some concessions to me nd give me 12-13 marks so I could get an A*
There is no negative marking or deducting in CIE... it depends on the quality of your answer... hope that u get good marks anyhow. ;)

Reaction score
no yar i've heard in these subjects a boundary is set according to the one who has got highest marks.. for example if someone has taken 72 which are highest then boundary for A* will be set from 64 to 72............................................................................................????? am I correct??
& if I am then can u plz tell me that how much is that boundary normally???
The grade thresholds or boundaries change every year... they depend on many factors like the difficulty of the paper compared to previous years papers, the percentile system etc.
No I think what u are saying is wrong... according to what I have heard, there are two possible ways:
1. The one who scores highest e.g 72, then those marks will be considered 100%, and the rest will be calculated out of that much e.g u got 64, so it will be calculated 64/72.
2. The marks are graded according to a percentile system... your marks are compared to others who did the exams, like if your marks are better than 85% of the candidates, you will get 85%; I think it's like it.
Personally, I think the second one is more convincing. :)

Reaction score
Hey plz answer my question ! Should we write the essay in one paragraph ???
no...even the words limiit is too short u have to write it in atleast 2-3 short paragraphs(the last paragraph should include conclusions)

Reaction score
Same here ...even I did letter ... In the letter i didn't write much about where i wanted to go cz i cdnt think of any place cz i dont live in pak :( but i wrote that i wanted to gi to lahore to my khala's house and spend my vacations wd her cz i really miss her n stuff like that ... is it okayy ...will i get marks ?

Reaction score
Same here ...even I did letter ... In the letter i didn't write much about where i wanted to go cz i cdnt think of any place cz i dont live in pak :( but i wrote that i wanted to gi to lahore to my khala's house and spend my vacations wd her cz i really miss her n stuff like that ... is it okayy ...will i get marks ?
Maybe !

Reaction score
Yeah 18/20 easily if your letter was in flow ..