• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Re: Official Thread for Pak-studies (2059) Post your queries

sweetiepie said:
dates and vegetables grown using karez irrigation in a desert oasis???

answer my question :(
yes the karez system is used to divert the flow of water from tunnel karez to farmland.this provides shelter to other crops and prevents evapouration of water. so it is mainly used in areas where there is high temperatuer and rates of evapouration.Many vegetables and fruits are grown through karez systems in Balochistan such dates

Reaction score

hmm its not 4 marks i want sum better answer

Q.dates and vegetables grown using karez irrigation in a desert oasis???

Reaction score

Q.2 ROLE OF DAMS ,BARRAGES,LINKCANALS,DISTRIBUTION CANALS,FIELD CHANNELS,BUNDS ???

Reaction score

hassan100 said:
sweetiepie said:
dates and vegetables grown using karez irrigation in a desert oasis???

answer my question :(
yes the karez system is used to divert the flow of water from tunnel karez to farmland.this provides shelter to other crops and prevents evapouration of water. so it is mainly used in areas where there is high temperatuer and rates of evapouration.Many vegetables and fruits are grown through karez systems in Balochistan such dates
sweetiepie said:
hmm its not 4 marks i want sum better answer

Q.dates and vegetables grown using karez irrigation in a desert oasis???
Well u can explain how effeciently it'll work in dry area bcuz in those areas teperatures are high and too much water is evaporated and its not possible to replace all this water all of a sudden so karez method is used ! It grows crops and blah blah and so helps the survival of man in those dry areas ! Growth of crops provides food for the locals etc ! Try to create more points from what hassan100 has written though i think those points are enuf bcuz they'll definately fill the space !

Reaction score

answer my questions :(

Reaction score

^ sweetiepie wasn't that ur question already :p

Reaction score

Although Ghalya Has answer it perfectly but due to the request of sweetiepie I m answering again!
-In the dessert areas specially in balochistan canal irrigation is not possible therefore Karez system of irrigation is the most suitable one. It is the convectional method of irrigation which is still in use. The reason behind it, lies in the fact that water loss is minimum and as the temperature in desserted areas is very high so this is most suitable of all methods. However lot of manpower is required to construct and maintane this type of system of irrigation. Dates, mangoes, melons, grapes are mostly grown.

Reaction score

Q.2 ROLE OF DAMS ,BARRAGES,LINKCANALS,DISTRIBUTION CANALS,FIELD CHANNELS,BUNDS ???

Reaction score

sweetiepie said:
Dams:
-To store water for irrigation and domestic use
-To generate HEP
-To stop the water from being wasted by flowing into Arabian sea.
Barrages:
-To store water for irrigation and domestic use.
-To stop the water from being wasted by flowing into Arabian sea.
Link Canals:
-To stop the seepage of water which causes water logging and salanity
-To distribute the water from dam and barrages to fields.
This is all I knew for rest I think I haven't studied them! :(

Reaction score

hmm thanks bt they are also in syllabus i dont know :(

Reaction score

Oh! then why don't u ask ur teacher about it? Teachers can guide student better! :)

Reaction score

hmm am giving the exam privately :)

Reaction score

then use google or wikipedia to search for them!

Reaction score

im not getting it :(

Reaction score

Distribution channels are subchannels from the main link canal and field channels are the smaller channels that lead from the distribution channels and are present inside the field as in *rice* fields. Bunds are actually gates at where distribution channels originate so as to increase/decrease the water flow as per requirement.

Try to deduce the functions of these based on these facts. I must say, use your brain. Don't rely on copying the information provided here, i might be wrong. Use your search engines ( They have a purpose! ), put in the key words e.g. distribution channels and see what they are and how they work. Anyway, Good Luck ! :)

Reaction score
Re: Pakistan Studies: Post your doubts here!

can please anyone answer me ths question?
have to submit this after eid so please hurry up.....
Q.political reasons were the most important reason of the war of independence 1857.do you agree or disagree?(14)
ans:(?)

Reaction score

starting paragraph : Tell that there were other reasons aswell which contributed like economic,social etc but the main reason was political.

Make 3 paragraphs for economical, political (social + religious reasons). (Just tell the reasons)

Ending : Dont repeat any of the point u stated above, just evaluate! Tell that "WHY" was it.

apply this method to all ur 14 marks questions, u'll get a minimum of 13 in each.

Reaction score

sajjadsalman said:
can please anyone answer me ths question?
have to submit this after eid so please hurry up.....
Q.political reasons were the most important reason of the war of independence 1857.do you agree or disagree?(14)
ans:(?)

Ans: intro:Say that it was an imp. reason but there are other reasons as well

BODY: 3-4 paras

1st para political reasons:-land grabbing i.e write about doctrine of lapse and british conquering of indian states

2nd para social reasons : -culture imposing i.e write about the reforms of british like bringing english
-modernization i.e buiding of train etc
-humiliating behaviour with indian, transfering mughal emperor from delhi ,

3 rd para religious reforms : -chiristian missionaries , who require workers to be chiristian and taught chiristianity
-cartiages scandel

4th para economic reforms : -taking money out of subcontinent and not investing back
-cotton cloth crises,, when british sold their cloth and local cotton industry detrioted
- heavy taxation

analyse: say that the most imp. reason was ( the one u feel)

u may find em all in book of nigel smith an d nigel kelly ,,
remember to emphasiz more on that how the problem irritated people for the war rather than huge description of problem

Reaction score

• understand the definitions used in Pakistan to distinguish between large-scale industry, small-scale
industry and cottage industry
• state the main products of the listed industries and whether they are destined for the domestic
market and/or for the export market
• state the main locations of the listed industries and explain the factors influencing location and
development – capital, site, sources of raw materials, power, water, labour, communications,
government policy and other means

please please explain me as am confused how to write the answers :cry: :cry: