• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Re: HISTORY Rare questions !!

What's difference between diarchy and bicameral legislature? (same things??????)

Reaction score

explain briefly how electricity can be generated from renewable resources (hydel ,wind,solar and other possibilities such as wave tidal biofuels and geotharmal ??? plx help mee

Reaction score

Solar energy :

Solar energy is the energy derived from the sun through the form of solar radiation. Solar powered electrical generation relies on photovoltaics and heat engines.

Wind energy:

Airflows can be used to run wind turbines. Modern wind turbines range from around 600 kW to 5 MW of rated power, although turbines with rated output of 1.5–3 MW have become the most common for commercial use; the power output of a turbine is a function of the cube of the wind speed, so as wind speed increases, power output increases dramatically. Areas where winds are stronger and more constant, such as offshore and high altitude sites, are preferred locations for wind farms

Bio fuels:

Biofuels include a wide range of fuels which are derived from biomass.

Hydel power:

Energy in water can be harnessed and used.at dams etc.......used at high altitudes .

Reaction score

here you go:

geothermal:

Geothermal energy is energy obtained by trapping the heat of the earth itself, both from kilometers deep into the Earth's crust in volcanically active locations of the globe or from shallow depths, as in geothermal heat pumps in most locations of the planet. It is expensive to build a power station but operating costs are low resulting in low energy costs for suitable sites. Ultimately, this energy derives from heat in the Earth's core.

Reaction score

diarchy merely refers to a split of the executive. Instead of having one head of state, diarchies have two. The idea of a federation is to have division of powers between actual levels of government, and not between individuals.

Reaction score

RuckingFetard03 said:
What's difference between diarchy and bicameral legislature? (same things??????)
well diarchy was a system introduced by British govt. in 1919(probably) under which certain work subjects as minorities etc remain under ruling of federal govt. but functions like education were given to provincial govt. In 1935 this system was imposed in just provincial govt. instead of imposing it countrywide,and reserved subjects were given to governors and transferred subjects to ministers
while bicameral legislature, bi means two cameral is sort of like Structure while legislature is a law-making assembly
so it refers to the parliament system that British introduced in 1935 which consist of two houses, council of state (upper house) and lower house i.e assembly. It is exactly the same system prevailing right now, we in Pakistan have a senate and a national assembly at central govt. level.
hope you understood..shall you require further assistance then do not hesitate to reply back

Reaction score

okay other questions are :
"The british attmpts to make happy the congress/indians were totally waste."Do you agree? give reasonszz!!!!!!

Reaction score

gimme the answer pls :)

dates and vegetables grown using karez irrigation in a desert oasis???

Reaction score

sweetiepie said:
gimme the answer pls :)

Geography that is, ain't it ? :p

Reaction score

yeahh i know i m too lazy to make a new thread for geography so i posted here :p

Reaction score

Ok! I will change it into Official Thread for Pak-studies so that u may post history questions as well as geo!

Reaction score
Re: Official Thread for Pak-studies (2059) Post your queries

answer my question :(

Reaction score

SalmanPakRocks said:
Ok! I will change it into Official Thread for Pak-studies so that u may post history questions as well as geo!

that is good.......it will be easy for the future students giving pkstd.and evrything in one thread :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: