• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
We have to write 'Importance' which means how a particular surah is applicable in a Muslims life or how it effects the muslims
But it is mentioned in the syllabus to write it in distinctive way .
What if it comes in Distinctive way or we have to write Importance then we will be in real trouble by then.
We have to ask british council about that.What do you think?
What is your e-mail address?

Please answer to me immidiately?

Reaction score
Yes:
1)For translation just remember THAT UNLIKE ENGLISH THE VERB IN URDU ALWAYS COMES AT THE END OF THE SENTENCE. Learn the names of few animals.
2)Increase your reading speed by reading newspaper or urdu articles daily for the comprehension.
3)Write the answers in your own words if the ask you and give a good opinion if they ask you to.
4) No need to learn 500 mahawarat just go through them and try to understand how to extract the meaning out of the mahawarat But still learn a few major ones for paper 1.
5)Learn 3-4 Shair and learn to link them with the topic.
6)If your spellings are bad then reflect on your mistakes and do daily dictation of 5-6 words.
7) Increase your knowledge on various topics.
NOTE: FOR GETTING AN A OR AN A* YOU MUST KNOW THE USSAGE OF MAHAWRAT AND YOU SHOULD USE HARD URDU WORDS IN YOUR WRITING AS 2.5 marks are allocated for these separately in the mazmoon. Otherwise a person standing on C and D can also get a B or an A or an A* student can also get a B. They ( examiner) looks weather you know how to make a sentence because if you can make a sentence using MAHAWRAT then how can you possibly get an A.
Last but not the least practice, practice and practice. Good luck!!
Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Can you give me some notes for Urdu first language?

Reaction score
Assalam u Alaikum
But what if the compulsory question come from section 3.then it will be proved for candidates that "Tomorrow is a mystery"
When will you appear in exams?
I will appear in the october november?
and i have no idea for Urdu(n).
Thanks.
Lead Pencil.
I have to appear in this may about a week after. Don t worry if you will appear in O/N because Sec. 3 is compulsory for candidates appearing for Pak. St. exmination in 2015 and onwards.

Reaction score
What if it comes in Distinctive way or we have to write Importance then we will be in real trouble by then.

No there isn t any need for asking them because it is 100% guaranteed that importance will come and in case if there comes to write in a distinctive way then all we need is to write in it the main theme in more detail with one key line or feature of the Sura.

Reaction score
Assalam u Alaikum
But what if the compulsory question come from section 3.then it will be proved for candidates that "Tomorrow is a mystery"
When will you appear in exams?
I will appear in the october november?
and i have no idea for Urdu(n).
Thanks.
Lead Pencil.
Don't be tense, even if lets say 3 questions come from Sec 3, the percentile system will save your ass.... Secondly dont leave the entire section 3, do the Problems of Pakistan, Ayub Khan and Seperation of East Pakistan, because if 3 questions come from Sec 3, and you do these 3 you will able to answer at least a 14 mark question.... Its impossible that 3 questions come entirely from after these!

Reaction score
Thanks! So, you mean if I get a question like 'To what extent did the Indian cause the Indian Mutiny of 1857 to fail?' [14]
I should write up to maximum four reasons saying about Indian weaknesses like 'Lack of unity, lack of arms, lack of leadership and no desire for Mughal Power regeneration'
But after that its compulsory for me to shift and give three more reasons regarding why the battle failed due to British powers, like 'Lord Canning's policy, superior wepeons, made Indians fight agains themselves'
So I agree four times and disagree thrice, then I give my conclusion and that's it? No more extra points and stuff and the ratio of 4:3 cannot and should not be changed?
Thanks and do reply!
This is how your mind should work when you see a 14 marks questions:-
Q:- Was Industrialization in Britain the most important reason for their expansion in India from 1750-1850?
So this is what you do:
You split the answer into two parts
1- British strengths
2- Indian weaknesses
You write and elaborate the both in a not too lengthy way. Cambridge disapproves the method of writing down everything you know about the topic in a messy way, or in note form. Try to write like you're an actual historian or Author. Elaborate your points ( Few points well elaborated are better than countless reasons unexplained ). In the end, add a concluding paragraph, summing up your points and write which reason was the most important with a short statement as to why like:-
blah blah blah blah but in my opinion the Industrialization going on at the time was the most important factor as it provided the British with everything they needed i.e. money, arms e.t.c. in order to establish their rule in India.
Hope that helps. :) Tip:- ( Ideal choice for 14 mark answer for me is three paragraphs )
Bilal Khalid
Beaconhouse School Faisalabad

Reaction score

No as Romeo states it will never come... i have study in PAF Chapter, and I am not bragging but thats a pretty reliable school and we have been taught importance.... Secondly Zafar Alam who is one of the best teachers in Pakistan also teaches importance.... I am sure at least he would know what is going to be asked :p

Reaction score
This is how your mind should work when you see a 14 marks questions:-
Q:- Was Industrialization in Britain the most important reason for their expansion in India from 1750-1850?
So this is what you do:
You split the answer into two parts
1- British strengths
2- Indian weaknesses
You write and elaborate the both in a not too lengthy way. Cambridge disapproves the method of writing down everything you know about the topic in a messy way, or in note form. Try to write like you're an actual historian or Author. Elaborate your points ( Few points well elaborated are better than countless reasons unexplained ). In the end, add a concluding paragraph, summing up your points and write which reason was the most important with a short statement as to why like:-
blah blah blah blah but in my opinion the Industrialization going on at the time was the most important factor as it provided the British with everything they needed i.e. money, arms e.t.c. in order to establish their rule in India.
Hope that helps. :) Tip:- ( Ideal choice for 14 mark answer for me is three paragraphs )
Bilal Khalid
Beaconhouse School Faisalabad
^ This is a great way of doing it, but let me add a few pointers..... if any event is mentioned in the question you have to explain that fully, also describe it... The rest of the points you just have to explain... To obtain good marks you need to explain around 5 points(Including the one in the question) but dont describe all of them, just link them with the question.... Hope you understand!

Reaction score
one who wanna help you,dont say this kind of words about them,
notes are available on so many sites then do you hate all of them :cautious:

I didnt say that I hate every website who provide notes.. In fact im thankfull to everyone of them who provided me with notes or helped me in any way.
I just said that i hate such people who SELL notes as they just try to exploit others who are in a desperate need of their notes..

and check out this... Your senior's website...
http://riccrocket.weebly.com/geography.html

Reaction score
I didnt say that I hate every website who provide notes.. In fact im thankfull to everyone of them who provided me with notes or helped me in any way.
I just said that i hate such people who SELL notes as they just try to exploit others who are in a desperate need of their notes..

and check out this... Your senior's website...
http://riccrocket.weebly.com/geography.html
i wana just tell you that our teacher is not selling those notes.............
and if my seniors are selling then they are doing this themself,not according to my teacher

Reaction score
Your 14 mark question strategy is quite good but it's not that good. The thing is if you are using this strategy, these principles must apply in real life. For example if someone asks you a question like this you must do the same thing.

Now if we come to the point about 14 marks question if someone asks you 'Was the strength of the British the main reason for British success ... . Now if we see we first explain the reason in the question given. Now for a better answer we also consider other factors relating to it and in the end give our opinion. This is exactly how we answer the question. To improve the answer we simply give more factors, in other words we giving a more broader answer.

So we can see that there is absolutely no need for description. There is only a need for explanation of how for eg how the strength of the British led to British being able to conquer lands. This is also denoted by a fact that the answers provided in he marking scheme of Cambridge also follow this pattern.

Similarly, a 7 marks question also does not need for a long description, there is only need for explanation. This is the reason why most students lose marks in Cambridge. If you are in the habit of reading the examiner reports. You will see that Cambridge have been stressing on this thing each year!

Reaction score
Can you tell me that what is the best way to remember each and every thing of Islamiat and Pak studies?
Any Guidance please?