• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

OXFORD!

Reaction score
ok. m a dreamer. and like all those folks out there, i dream to go to oxford too. my straight As dis year further intensified my this urge =/
i know.... its lame.
but can anyone tell me, if someone does a top in certain subject, will he be called to oxford or harvard? *drools*

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
A guy from my school got into Oxford with 2 A*s and 2 As in A-level.

Reaction score
You won't be 'called' but will probably get 'admitted' (provided that you meet all other requirements). There is a vast difference between the two words emphasized.

Reaction score
Haha quit dreaming about Harvard. They usually don't take kids of the British Curriculum.
Oxford. Yes you can got a shot there.
i have an acquaintance in Columbia. She scored 96 point something % in he Indian board. So there you go. You might as well have to score something really high.

Reaction score
One of my friends got into MIT. She is brilliant in studies, got 5 A* in A2, was the head girl of my school.

Reaction score
is there an a* IS aS-LEVEL OR ONLY IN THE TOTAL ALEVEL AND IF THEY GET a* IN AS-LEVEL IF THERE IS THEN GOT B IS a2 SO WHAT WOULD BE THE ALEVEL GRADE AND IF INSHALLAH GET 5 A* in As-level And 5 A* in A2 so will i get admission in cambrige or oxford university what are there minimum requirements thanks

Reaction score
There is no A* in As-level. Only A2 students get A*s. You might be termed as a brilliant student in your school if you get 5A*s in A-level but it will be normal grades among the applicants in high ranking universities like Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard, etc. So it is not sure that you will get admission with just 5A*s.

Reaction score
so should i give 7 subjects and get 7 A* or do i have to get top in the world ecause i want to enter either in cambrige or oxford. and then how do you get A* in A2 if you cant get in As. thanks.

Reaction score
Getting 5A*s or 7A*s wont help you out to get admission in top ranking universities. I'm also not advising you to take 7 subjects but if you are sure that you can obtain good grades (A* or A) in all 7 subjects then it will act beneficial to you in your admission process in such universities! You won't get admission only with A-levels grades. You need to undergo standard tests like SAT, TOEFL etc. if they require one. In case of Cambridge or Oxford you need to submit essay(s) or sit on admission test and also attend the interview.

Reaction score
A-level exams are designed in such a way that only A2 level subjects get A*s .
For getting A*s in A2 you need to score minimum of 90% but in A-s you will get only A if you score minimum of 80%.

Reaction score
SO THE MAXIMUM I CAN GET IS Aslevel is A AND THAT TOO BY ONLY 80%. AND IF I WANT TO GIVE SAT I HAVE MOST UNIVERSITY DONT ACCEPT SCORES OF SAT GIVEN AFTER JANUARY.

Reaction score
As you want to get into CAMBRIDGE or OXFORD university they don't require SAT but they have a bit different procedure than that of US universities !

Reaction score
CANADIAN university also runs as the US universities. So they require SAT or ACT and TOEFL for foreign students.

Reaction score
SO IF IAM A PAKISTANI AND WANT TO GO CANADIAN UNIVERSITY SO I WILL HAVE TO GIVE SAT AND TOEFUL PLUS aLEVEL HOWS UNIVESITY OF TORONTO WHATS THERE REQUIREMENT I GUESS ITS PRETTY EASY TO GET THERE NOT LIVE CAMBRIDGE OR OXFORD.

Reaction score
No SAT, just TOEFL/IELTS. Toronto requires 6.5 IELTS score or 110 TOEFL I believe. Plus, good grades.