• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O LEVEL COMPUTER STUDIES (7010) RESOURCES

Reaction score
Input children age less than 18
Names of those the children
If any error in inputting name then allow to re input
Output children name
(The points were something like that)...tanvirik

how may children? is there number of children mention in the question?

Reaction score
what could be the answer of chapter 1 : hardware part C "2 reasons why printer stops responding"??

the reasons when printer doesn't respond are 1. paper is jammed in the printer 2. wire has disconnected 3. malfunction of the hardware in the printer

Reaction score
sir the pseudocode question was

the computer requests the customer to enter the number of children of age less than 18
the computer asks the name of each child under the age of 18
the name of every child is printed
the computer allows the name to be re input if there was an error

And sir can you please answer another question for me? In the question where he asks about the types of test data, can we write length checks and format checks too in addition to normal abnormal and extreme datas? The mark scheme mentions length and format checks too
thanks in advance

Reaction score

No. We would input the number of children every time and the loop for the number would start. It was a relatively simple DOUBLE loop pseudo code.

Reaction score
sir the pseudocode question was

the computer requests the customer to enter the number of children of age less than 18
the computer asks the name of each child under the age of 18
the name of every child is printed
the computer allows the name to be re input if there was an error

And sir can you please answer another question for me? In the question where he asks about the types of test data, can we write length checks and format checks too in addition to normal abnormal and extreme datas? The mark scheme mentions length and format checks too
thanks in advance

As far as I could understand your pseudocode problem the solution is as under
BEGIN
Set NoOfChildren = 0
2. Set Age = 0
3. Set Name = " "
4. Input NumberOfChildren
5. For Count = 1 to NoOfChildren
6. Input Age
7. If Age < 18 Then
8. Input Name
9. Print Name
Else If Age >=18 then
Goto line 4
End if
Next Count
END

To the answer of your another question the Test Data relates to Noram Data Testing, Abnormal Data Testing & Extreme Data testin. If the question is test a specific type of data then you would have to mention which particular Validation Check should be implemented on a given field which is not mentioned by you in your question.

Reaction score
BEGIN
Set NoOfChildren = 0
2.Set Age = 0
3.Set Name = " "
4.Input NumberOfChildren
5.For Count = 1 to NoOfChildren
6.Input Age
7.If Age < 18 Then
8.Input Name
9.Print Name
Else If Age >=18 then
Goto line 4
End if
Next Count
END

To the answer of your another question the Test Data relates to Noram Data Testing, Abnormal Data Testing & Extreme Data testin. If the question is test a specific type of data then you would have to mention which particular Validation Check should be implemented on a given field which is not mentioned by you in your question.

You forgot about the point where we have to make a correction if there is a mistake.

Reaction score
You forgot about the point where we have to make a correction if there is a mistake.

I didn't forget the error thing, see line number 7 which is
Else If Age >=18 then (this statement is checking whether age is exceeding the limit or not, this is error trap)

Reaction score
No. We would input the number of children every time and the loop for the number would start. It was a relatively simple DOUBLE loop pseudo code.

As far my understanding for your given query is concern, the solution is as under:
BEGIN
Set NoOfChildren = 0
Set Age = 0
Set Name = 0
Input NumberOfChildren
For Count = 1 to NoOfChildren
Input Age
If Age < 18 Then
Input Name
Print Name
Else If Age >=18 then
Goto line 4
End if
Next Count

END

Reaction score
BEGIN
Set NoOfChildren = 0
2.Set Age = 0
3.Set Name = " "
4.Input NumberOfChildren
5.For Count = 1 to NoOfChildren
6.Input Age
7.If Age < 18 Then
8.Input Name
9.Print Name
Else If Age >=18 then
Goto line 4
End if
Next Count
END

thanks sir. the question was about the testing of the input details of customer's name, telephone number, address, and a few other details......... They asked what type of data testing could be done on them. If we do a character type check in the telephone field, would that be accepted as the right answer? thanks once again :)

Reaction score
I didn't forget the error thing, see line number 7 which is
Else If Age >=18 then (this statement is checking whether age is exceeding the limit or not, this is error trap)

No. Actually, the error statement is for the name. The program should allow the user to correct a mistake in the input name.

Reaction score
thanks sir. the question was about the testing of the input details of customer's name, telephone number, address, and a few other details......... They asked what type of data testing could be done on them. If we do a character type check in the telephone field, would that be accepted as the right answer? thanks once again :)

There is no any Validation Check called Character Type Check instead it is Data Type Check

Reaction score
hello sir.
I have informed my teacher that in the project there will be no marks for including the Microsoft Access Database documenter since it is not the student's OWN work. Yet he doesn't believe it when it is specifically mentioned in the examiner reports. I have even shown the examiner report. I showed the IGCSE Computer Studies examiner report (we are doing O level). Still, he did not believe it. Aren't the papers of IGCSE and O' level same? What can I do to make him believe? what is the format for technical documentation? what shall I include in the technical documentation?
I also have some other question regarding the project. Other than the GANTT chart what else should I include in the Action Plan to get full marks?

Reaction score
hello sir.
I have informed my teacher that in the project there will be no marks for including the Microsoft Access Database documenter since it is not the student's OWN work. Yet he doesn't believe it when it is specifically mentioned in the examiner reports. I have even shown the examiner report. I showed the IGCSE Computer Studies examiner report (we are doing O level). Still, he did not believe it. Aren't the papers of IGCSE and O' level same? What can I do to make him believe? what is the format for technical documentation? what shall I include in the technical documentation?
I also have some other question regarding the project. Other than the GANTT chart what else should I include in the Action Plan to get full marks?

Yes Akhmed! you are right, there is no marks for Microsoft Access Database documenter. The solution is to go to the codes of your software project and copy paste in your document to gain marks for Program Coding. To make him believe you should go to your school head with examiner report as evidence, I hope your school head would handle this situation wisely.

Reaction score
What shall I include in the technical documentation?
What should I include in the action plan other than the GANTT chart?

Reaction score
Technical document required following components to be included:
1. System Maintenance such as Backup utility
2. Virus protection
3. Hard disk maintenance
4. Further modification of system

The ACTION PLAN should have:
1. Descriptive Plan of action stepwise
2. Gantt Chart/ Pert Chart/ Spreadsheet/ Software Management tool
3. System Flowchart

Reaction score
In the assessment criteria for coursework there is a method of solution related to the problem and accurate method of solution. What is meant by accurate method of solution? What should I include in this section? my teacher said that we do not have to write anything in there. Is this right?

Reaction score
In the assessment criteria for coursework there is a method of solution related to the problem and accurate method of solution. What is meant by accurate method of solution? What should I include in this section? my teacher said that we do not have to write anything in there. Is this right?

"Method of Solution related to Problem" is section of Implementation Phase from SDLC. The students have to describe methods of implementation such as Direct implementation method, Parallel Implementation method, Pilot Implementation method or Phased Implementation method. The accurate method of solution should be one of the Final implementation method among all. Leaving this section means losing 2 marks from the total.

Reaction score
but this is what they say in the section. They haven't said that the types of implementation needs to be mentioned:
Method of solution
related to the
problem by suitable
means, including
annotated coding,
spreadsheet
formulas, database
tables, site plans of
website