• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Nust Entrance Test

Reaction score
Hey can anybody guide me to the best academy in Rawalpindi for Nust Preparation? Since i'll be free by 4th June InshAllah and the entrance test is on 17th July so i'll be having almost 1 and a half months for the entrance test preparation. So please tell me which academy should i join and the best way to prepare for the entrance test. I'm currently doing my Alevels so please keep in mind that i'm an Alevels Student and would need alot of hardwork to cover the whole fsc in this much time.

Thanks.

Reaction score
well, cannot guide you about the academy but yes if you plan to do it urself, have the syllabus of MCAT 2011 ffrom UHS with you. Buy the Fsc book 1+2 of phy,chem,bio (costs v.less) and cover the syllabus starting from entirely new topics for you
Practice Mcq's from Dougar's book and for english, have SAT 1 english

Reaction score
bionology said:
well, cannot guide you about the academy but yes if you plan to do it urself, have the syllabus of MCAT 2011 ffrom UHS with you. Buy the Fsc book 1+2 of phy,chem,bio (costs v.less) and cover the syllabus starting from entirely new topics for you
he's talking abt nust test and not the MCAT held by UHS!!
my frnds in nust say u go through fsc books and the SAT 2 books

Reaction score
^ Well i'm already going through the SAT II books as i have SAT II on 4th June. I cannot defiantly do good on the entry test if i don't go to an academy since i'm a very average student. I have Straight C's in my As-level so that pretty much sums up what kind of a student i am. =(

Reaction score
NUST entrance test is totally based on FSc syllabus so you need to cram FSc books! All six books. And do learn a lot of vocab since English is really tough in that!

Reaction score
I have come across several academy's but i don't know which one is good enough. I'll post about all the academy's i know so other people may know about them aswell.
P.s. I have only asked about the Engineering course since i'll be applying for Engineering in Nust.

1. KIPS Academy
6th Road, Near Commercial Market
Timming: 9am to 2pm
Fee: Rs14,800 for full course

2. Global Academy
Lalkurti, Near Convent School ( I think)
Timmings: Morning Session ( 9.15am to 12.15am)
Evening Session ( 3.15pm to 6.15pm) and (6.15pm to 9.15pm)
Fee: Rs9,800 for full course

3. Zawiya Academy
Chaklala Scheme 3, Main Road, Opposite of Street no 6.
Timmings: Morning Session and Evening Session same as above
Fee: Rs9,500 for full course

4. Carrier or Crescent Academy ( Somebody Please confirm details about this academy and let me know)
Pansarki Shell petrol pump road, Near Happy Dale School
Timmings: ?
Fee: ?

These are most of the academy's i have come across. If somebody knows about any other academy's then do post here. It will help me and the others greatly.
And if someone knows about the 4th Academy i posted about then please do tell me the confirmed details so i can edit the post.

Reaction score
angelgurl said:
bionology said:
he's talking abt nust test and not the MCAT held by UHS!!
my frnds in nust say u go through fsc books and the SAT 2 books

i know that ma'am,
I have guided him correctly, If you know FSC, only then can you do good in the test with Sat 1 english

Reaction score
hey i have heard that for nust we have an option between the fsc based entry test and SAT II .. can anyone clear this out ? like is there any option for me to skip the fsc based things and go through some other procedure ? anything special for A level students perhaps ?

Reaction score
sat 2 but i think thts 4 overseas pakis like me

u have to pay da international fees

Reaction score
the fees for sat is in $$ .. it doesnt matter where u live .. but im asking can i give sat 'instead' of the entry test .. because i heard we can ..

Reaction score
^ Yes you can but you must have a high scoring(2200+) in SAT II if you aren't going for the Entry Test.

Reaction score
Mobeen said:
hey i have heard that for nust we have an option between the fsc based entry test and SAT II .. can anyone clear this out ? like is there any option for me to skip the fsc based things and go through some other procedure ? anything special for A level students perhaps ?

you can apply on both basis. Sat 2 as well as their entry test, however, do not expect to get admitted into Medical on Sat basis. It is the most TOUGHEST section to get in as there are only 40 Nust seats

I'll start a thread on Nust test, and will post all what i know and discuss . We can also share the practice tests one gets from their academies etc to have a variety of tests with all !

Reaction score
bionology said:
Mobeen said:

you can apply on both basis. Sat 2 as well as their entry test, however, do not expect to get admitted into Medical on Sat basis. It is the most TOUGHEST section to get in as there are only 40 Nust seats

I'll start a thread on Nust test, and will post all what i know and discuss . We can also share the practice tests one gets from their academies etc to have a variety of tests with all !
thanks ..ill be going for engineering ..

Reaction score
Although i'm clearly going off topic but can someone tell me about Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS). Since it is ranked number 1 in Pakistan in Engineering after that come Nust and then Giki. I never applied there although the deadline is over but i still have a chance to apply there. So should i apply there or should i not? I really don't know much about PIEAS and never even heard about them anyone. Thats wierd. =S

Reaction score
hey my frnds tell me pieas has the toughest test they gave in their whole life things frm further maths come ita more fsc based than the nust test!! so id say go for it if u think u can do their test

Reaction score
Edifier said:
Although i'm clearly going off topic but can someone tell me about Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS). Since it is ranked number 1 in Pakistan in Engineering after that come Nust and then Giki. I never applied there although the deadline is over but i still have a chance to apply there. So should i apply there or should i not? I really don't know much about PIEAS and never even heard about them anyone. Thats wierd. =S
if its the no.1 . why havnt i heard of it .. all i hear is nust giki and uet !