• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mechanics 42

Reaction score
I made a distance time graph instead of displacement time and i also forgot to show decreasing gradient i made it constants i marked the axis correctly how many marks will i get out of 4,,, and i messed up (5ii) i got wrong acceleration 9.6 but i applied it to the rite formula for tension that is 30-T-1.6=3a , will i get method marks ???

Reaction score
I made a distance time graph instead of displacement time and i also forgot to show decreasing gradient i made it constants i marked the axis correctly how many marks will i get out of 4,,, and i messed up (5ii) i got wrong acceleration 9.6 but i applied it to the rite formula for tension that is 30-T-1.6=3a , will i get method marks ???

you'll get 2/4 for the graph. i dnt remember the marks for 5 ii. :confused: but you'll get the method mark if it's ok, and also ecf for the tension

Reaction score
Guys in the question number 6(ii) i got v=10 which needed a lot of work but in the law of conservation i did all rite but maybe wrote something wong in that will i lose the whole 9 marks but i am sure i got the v = 10 which was before the last line

Reaction score
Hey guys here u go its June 2012 P42 maths
and my answers do tell me if i am wrong in any question

Attachments

• June 2012 P42.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 119
Reaction score
What can I expect..pease give an honest and humble reply!!!!!!!!!

Math P1 : 70/75 ( assume GT is A=57, B=50)
Math M1: 42/50 ( assume GT is 36, B=32)

Will my AS percentage uniform marks cross 92/93 %??????????

Reaction score
Guys i 've lost about 6 marks in P1
P4 i did all right except in part 5(ii) i didn't substitute with 30 and 50N
6(ii) i 've got v= 10 but i 've messed with law of conservation or a calculation error
7 lost 2 marks for first part
2nd part made 2 marks for the displasment graph
Any chance to get an A in AS ?? Please Help i am so worried

Reaction score
Hey guys here u go its June 2012 P42 maths
and my answers do tell me if i am wrong in any question
dude in the 6(ii) question where we find the force , i used sin a instead of replacing with 0.125 which gave me 984983 J which is pretty near to 985 J . Will I lose any mark? Cuz nothing is wrong with my method , I used angle instead of replacing it