• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

MATHS PAPER 4 WAS SO HARD :( :(

Reaction score
U know how the ratio questions are really easy in every single past paper :)) idek how they made it hard... they just did.. and probability was so hard and mesuration and inequalities.. basically everything :))
the ratio wasnt that hard, it was 9:5, nd the 9 was 500 more than the 5, so if u see the difference in 9 n 5, it is 4. so 4=$500, then 1 was 500/4 = 125. so 9;1st prize = 125 x 9 = 1125. 2nd prize was 5 x 125 = 625. now u can check the difference between the two... it is 1125-625= 500... wasnt THAT hard... just needed some thinking...

Reaction score
the ratio wasnt that hard, it was 9:5, nd the 9 was 500 more than the 5, so if u see the difference in 9 n 5, it is 4. so 4=$500, then 1 was 500/4 = 125. so 9;1st prize = 125 x 9 = 1125. 2nd prize was 5 x 125 = 625. now u can check the difference between the two... it is 1125-625= 500... wasnt THAT hard... just needed some thinking...
Yes but it wasn't as straight forward as past papers. The answer to that one was 1750. Who brings algebra in ratios? -_-

Reaction score
Here in my school....like I was the only one who had left out so many qs others were happy and left onlyy one or two......I literally going to start cry then when I came home and opened xtremepapers...everyone was feeling same like me
I'm glad I am not alone. Fortunately, I found the question where you had to calculate the total amount of prize money and Alan's fuel consumption a breeze. However, I messed up the last question on bearings, the ratio of men:children (I think) and the last question on probability where I calculated the likelihood of picking a sweet NOT lemon flavored by using the equation P(NOT LEMON)=1-(Probability of getting lemon sweet thrice).
Two years of hard work and dedication gone up in smoke. I wonder what possessed Cambridge to assign such a difficult paper. Some students even claim it was harder than paper 42 set in summer 2013! :mad::mad:

Reaction score
I'm glad I am not alone. Fortunately, I found the question where you had to calculate the total amount of prize money and Alan's fuel consumption a breeze. However, I messed up the last question on bearings, the ratio of men:children (I think) and the last question on probability where I calculated the likelihood of picking a sweet NOT lemon flavored by using the equation P(NOT LEMON)=1-(Probability of getting lemon sweet thrice).
Two years of hard work and dedication gone up in smoke. I wonder what possessed Cambridge to assign such a difficult paper. Some students even claim it was harder than paper 42 set in summer 2013! :mad::mad:
The treshold will help us! CIE always try to keep it as hard or as easy to obtain a grade like in the past year. We will all get what we deserve, hopefully!

Reaction score
The treshold will help us! CIE always try to keep it as hard or as easy to obtain a grade like in the past year. We will all get what we deserve, hopefully!
The paper that came in May June 2014 was really tough however the gt was 180/200 for an A* !! So it depends on CIE that whether they wanna lower the gt or keep it high !

Reaction score
The paper that came in May June 2014 was really tough however the gt was 180/200 for an A* !! So it depends on CIE that whether they wanna lower the gt or keep it high !
True, but this time was wrecked. I've never seen such dismay being broken out after a paper, so definitely there won't be as many performers this time than in 2014. it was even harder than 2013 qp 42 for which the treshold was just 166/200!