• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths p4 how was it

Maths p42

• Total voters
Reaction score
we can already discuss nw right...need yr help..let me knw the values of distance n the coefficient given in the first question..(if any of u remember them)..im talking bout paper 43 ...do let me knw if u remembr..

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the combined GT for both P1 and M1 out of 125 ?
Is it going to be 89 like last year or more ?

Reaction score
hey what was the answer of q7 last question which asked for distance of particle A from pulley at instantaneous rest.... i got 0.47 m.... wat did you guys get??

i got.. 1.58 m and was pretty sure that's correct.. as i finfished 15 minutes earlier i sat and recalculated the whole thing... cant remember the full, but the last part i found that:
due to B's motion, A was pulled from rest to the same speed of B, v^2=0^2+2as, so distance = 's'..
Then A travelled a bit more due to subsequent motion( or continuing motion but against gravity until it stopped): 0^2=u^2-2gs (here u of A = final speed of B just before hitting ground,) hence a futher 's' travelled.
total dist= s+s, which came 0.92m by A towards P for me.
A travelled 0.92 m towards P.
and dist from P (2.5-0.92) = 1.58 m... plz share wat others did..
*And wat was the MARKS for this part????

Reaction score
its
i got.. 1.58 m and was pretty sure that's correct.. as i finfished 15 minutes earlier i sat and recalculated the whole thing... cant remember the full, but the last part i found that:
due to B's motion, A was pulled from rest to the same speed of B, v^2=0^2+2as, so distance = 's'..
Then A travelled a bit more due to subsequent motion( or continuing motion but against gravity until it stopped): 0^2=u^2-2gs (here u of A = final speed of B just before hitting ground,) hence a futher 's' travelled.
total dist= s+s, which came 0.92m by A towards P for me.
A travelled 0.92 m towards P.
and dist from P (2.5-0.92) = 1.58 m... plz share wat others did..
*And wat was the MARKS for this part????
wrong,corect anser was 0.47