• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Yeah i remember this, see in the past paper book, the topic relating to this is called: solutions of equations and simultaneous equations, what is solutions of equations? does it include quadatic formula and quadratic factorisation?

Which book are you referring to? o_O! Well I guess solutions of equations must contain anything that has an unknown variable and has some mathematical operations that is [ Multiply, powers of, add, subtract, divide, etc ] and is equal to some value! So quadratic equation should be included I suppose !

Reaction score
Which book are you referring to? o_O! Well I guess solutions of equations must contain anything that has an unknown variable and has some mathematical operations that is [ Multiply, powers of, add, subtract, divide, etc ] and is equal to some value! So quadratic equation should be included I suppose !
the gce olevel redspot one topical, 1998-2009

Reaction score
The question in the book was a bit different, i thought i gave some space
the second value: (5x=3y+1) lies on 3y of the first value

like this:
2x+3y=13
5x=3y+1

Now help me solve this
the two equations are totally different entities. :p it does not matter where the x(s) and/or y(s) lie. you just have to simplify them first so that you can apply elimination (or substitution). + i hope this is what your last question meant. :D

Reaction score
the two equations are totally different entities. :p it does not matter where the x(s) and/or y(s) lie. you just have to simplify them first so that you can apply elimination (or substitution). + i hope this is what your last question meant. :D
Yeah i just need ro re-arrange and then solve. thanks

Reaction score
Perhaps using the coordinates and drawing it will surely help you :)! plot the points and see which are the diagonals !

Reaction score
guys need some help on angle properties, in the chapter angle and circle properties. Can someone briefly explain to me what that is, i have no clue how to solve any question on that topic, and not even the notes that i find online seem to help me understand.

Reaction score
guys need some help on angle properties, in the chapter angle and circle properties. Can someone briefly explain to me what that is, i have no clue how to solve any question on that topic, and not even the notes that i find online seem to help me understand.

These are all the properties that u shud know in the link and scroll down for circle properties

https://sites.google.com/site/urbangeekclassroomsg/emath-classroom#TOC-Angle-properties
Although i would read through the book pre chapter notes and eg. so to make it more clear,make sure u revise them like every week or else in the end u will end up grinding your teeth that u dont know the properties until yet :D

Reaction score
These are all the properties that u shud know in the link and scroll down for circle properties

https://sites.google.com/site/urbangeekclassroomsg/emath-classroom#TOC-Angle-properties
Although i would read through the book pre chapter notes and eg. so to make it more clear,make sure u revise them like every week or else in the end u will end up grinding your teeth that u dont know the properties until yet :D
Hi thanks for the link but i want someone to explain it to me what they mean, like i havent even done this chapter before, so i need a proper lecture, if u can make notes for me, then it would be great Thanks

Reaction score
I am facing a lot of problems in Maths topic inequalities and also limits of accuracy?
Here are my questions,
1.The density of a given material is 2.4g/cmcube. If its mass to the nearest 10g is 30g find its minimum and maximum volume give your answer correct to 3 significant figures?
2.A car travelling at a speed of 60km/hr(nearest 10km/hr) covers a distance in 3 hours (nearest hour). Calculate it's range of distance in the form of an equality.

Another question I wanted to ask was that if we are given an equation or an inequality for ex y=3x+2, her the 2 is the y intercept and the 3 is the gradient so how are we suppose to show this on a graphs, by pointing the dot on the 2 on y intercept, then how will we point out the gradient and make a straight line, it confuses me?

Reaction score
I am facing a lot of problems in Maths topic inequalities and also limits of accuracy?
Here are my questions,
1.The density of a given material is 2.4g/cmcube. If its mass to the nearest 10g is 30g find its minimum and maximum volume give your answer correct to 3 significant figures?
2.A car travelling at a speed of 60km/hr(nearest 10km/hr) covers a distance in 3 hours (nearest hour). Calculate it's range of distance in the form of an equality.

Another question I wanted to ask was that if we are given an equation or an inequality for ex y=3x+2, her the 2 is the y intercept and the 3 is the gradient so how are we suppose to show this on a graphs, by pointing the dot on the 2 on y intercept, then how will we point out the gradient and make a straight line, it confuses me?

for the second question, you would show that the line +2 is going on this value, since its 2, it will be positioned on the positive side of the y-axis.

Hope you understand, It always confuses me too.

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the link but i want someone to explain it to me what they mean, like i havent even done this chapter before, so i need a proper lecture, if u can make notes for me, then it would be great Thanks

Oh man this can be really tough for anyone why dont u try reading the pre chapter summary its really useful,it helps really try it im not kidding and try concentrating,the books summary is ur best bet at a teacher at home which is always with u :p

Reaction score
Oh man this can be really tough for anyone why dont u try reading the pre chapter summary its really useful,it helps really try it im not kidding and try concentrating,the books summary is ur best bet at a teacher at home which is always with u :p
whats the pre-chapter summary? I dont have the book with me, only have the past paper books, so thats why im gathering all the note pdfs, so i can understand how to solve the questions. If you do get a simpler version of the notes with examples do send it to me.

Reaction score
Someone help me on the first question part b) How do you find out an inequality by looking at the graph, need thorough explanantion. Thanks

Attachments

• mayjune 2012 paper 2.pdf
    828.2 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Someone help me on the first question part b) How do you find out an inequality by looking at the graph, need thorough explanantion. Thanks
and howcome in Part d) the answer is -1, im getting 1 because the equation is y=x+2 Please explain

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if i have plotted the diagram correctly?

this is from may/june 2012, paper 2 question 9c

Attachments

• reflection.PNG
    reflection.PNG
    25.6 KB · Views: 2