• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
guys i have a question even though its sounds easy, it always give me a hard time, so its about coordinate geometry
from year: 1996 paper 1 question 6
The equation of a straight line l, is 6x-2y+1=0
a). write this equation in the form y=mx+c

I can never re-arrange and make it to that equation above. give me some helpful explanantion too

thanks
hey zainab...
would u like to tell me whts ur answer??

Reaction score
can some one please post or give me the link of Statistics marking schemes or examiner report for OCT-NOV 2011 ?

Reaction score
guys i have a question even though its sounds easy, it always give me a hard time, so its about coordinate geometry

I can never re-arrange and make it to that equation above. give me some helpful explanantion too

thanks

y= 3x + 1/2
is that your answer?? :)

Reaction score
hi
i newly started stats
has anyone got the book of "dean james chalmers?" o levels stats ?
wanna ask something

Reaction score

thanks

6x-2y+1=0
-2y+6x = 0-1
-2y=-6x -1
y=-6x/-2 -1/-2
y= 3x + 1/2

Reaction score
Hamza Hameed Khan
this is quite easy first find the intersection points(only x coordinates) of the line and the curve and then after that differentiate the curves equation and put the x coordinates to find the gradients at those positions :p for now i told u how to do it looking at the ques i think u have a problem differentiating the curves equation but ill leave it for u to ask,and please ask if u dont get it still :D

Reaction score
i asked: do comparative pie charts have to be studied in o levels?
plz i am expecting an answer soon

Reaction score
Hamza Hameed Khan
this is quite easy first find the intersection points(only x coordinates) of the line and the curve and then after that differentiate the curves equation and put the x coordinates to find the gradients at those positions :p for now i told u how to do it looking at the ques i think u have a problem differentiating the curves equation but ill leave it for u to ask,and please ask if u dont get it still :D
I did not please help.....PLzzzzz :(