• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
How to find the rotational symmetry and line of symmetry of a given diagram?

Its quite easy particularly line of symmetry !
for that all u have to do is that think of a line in that figure which passes through the centre and cuts the figure in two equal parts which when stacked on each other would be exact same so its quite easy and u may learn them by heart becuz they are quite easy !
for rotational Symmetry it is a point on the figure that when turned a particular angle will cause the the same figure to appear again,think of it like this i take a rectangle and in soft mud i make its impression so that i have its outline now i turn it once to get the same outline and i found that after turning the figure 180* from centre i get the same figure which fits easily into the impression i made then again it turn the same angle and it fits again so after completing one whole circle the no. of times the rectangle fits in the impression is known as the order of rotational symmetry and here its 2 for polygons like hexagon and other evenly shaped polygons they have the same order of rotation as their sides :D :D :D

Reaction score
The whole thing.......!!! :(

First to find the x corrdinates where the curve and line meet we use the equation y=x and solve simultaneously with the curve eq.
then i found the derivative of the curve and then i think u can put the x coordinates in the derivative to get the answer :D

Also there is some problem that the book gives three answers one being 2 which i think is wrong but ill recheck soon so for now this is the answer :D

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to find the centre of rotation in matrix transformations?and also tell me how to find the centre of enlargement??I need it quick...........please!!!!

Reaction score
What are the diagonals of a trapezium? It says a trapezium STUV has coordinates (0,5) (2,7) (6,-1) (0,-7) respectively. find the gradients of both its diagonals?

Reaction score
guys for olevels, do we need to know simulatenous equations graphically or do we only need to study the one where u use the method of elimination. Ive checked the past papers and there are no questions regarding any graphs

Reaction score
Can anyone please help me to understand this,
Rearrange the second of these simultaneous equations so that x and y are on the left side, and then solve.
2x+3y=13
5x=3y+1

Thanks

Reaction score
Can someone please help me in some math olevel questions, I need someone to kind of tutor me online, i have loads of questions to ask, and i always get stuck on some questions, my exam is on the 24th of october this year! so i need all the help i can get. I find the forums to be a bit slow especially this one compared to other subtopics. I will only be asking for explanation on some questions and concepts. If someone is willing to, then please message me in my inbox. Will appreciate alot.

Reaction score
Chapter: simulataneous equations
Question:
2x+y=7
4x=y+11

How would you solve this kind of question if it comes up?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Chapter: simulataneous equations
Question:
2x+y=7
4x=y+11

How would you solve this kind of question if it comes up?

Thanks!

First !
Let x or y be alone I choose x!

4x=y+11
hence x= y/4 + 11/4
now we know that x = y/4 + 11/4 we can now substitute this as value of x in the other equation

2(y/4+11/4)+y=7
Now just solve it :D!

(1) 2x+y=7
(2) 4x=y+11

(3) x = y/4 + 11/4

2(y/4 + 11/4) +y=7
2y/4 + 22/4 + y = 7
0.5y + 5.5 +y = 7
1.5y = 7-5.5
y=1.5/1.5 = 1

2x+y=7
2x+1=7
2x=6
x=6/2
x=3

Reaction score
First !
Let x or y be alone I choose x!

4x=y+11
hence x= y/4 + 11/4
now we know that x = y/4 + 11/4 we can now substitute this as value of x in the other equation

2(y/4+11/4)+y=7
Now just solve it :D!

(1) 2x+y=7
(2) 4x=y+11

(3) x = y/4 + 11/4

2(y/4 + 11/4) +y=7
2y/4 + 22/4 + y = 7
0.5y + 5.5 +y = 7
1.5y = 7-5.5
y=1.5/1.5 = 1

2x+y=7
2x+1=7
2x=6
x=6/2
x=3

Why dont we just do this
2x+y=7
4x=y+11

2x+y=7
4x-y=11

We cancel out the y's therefore we get

6x=18

x=3

now we sub in the x=3

2(3)+y=7
6+y=7
y=7-6
y=1

therefore the answer is (3,1)

I figured out how to do this while i was doing more questions, but thankyou so much, i find this much simpler instead of dividing and simplifying. Thanks again

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to solve this simultaneous questions

2y=5x+16
3y-5x-19=0

do i re-arrange to this?
2y-5x=16
3y-5x=19

and then solve ?

Reaction score
Why dont we just do this
2x+y=7
4x=y+11

2x+y=7
4x-y=11

We cancel out the y's therefore we get

6x=18

x=3

now we sub in the x=3

2(3)+y=7
6+y=7
y=7-6
y=1

therefore the answer is (3,1)

I figured out how to do this while i was doing more questions, but thankyou so much, i find this much simpler instead of dividing and simplifying. Thanks again

Well yeah, Always remember if the signs are same you subtract ! If the signs are different always Add, Well the method I used is to be sure I make no mistakes in using the rules :D! But what you are comfortable with is what you should go with :)!

Reaction score
Well yeah, Always remember if the signs are same you subtract ! If the signs are different always Add, Well the method I used is to be sure I make no mistakes in using the rules :D! But what you are comfortable with is what you should go with :)!

Yeah i remember this, see in the past paper book, the topic relating to this is called: solutions of equations and simultaneous equations, what is solutions of equations? does it include quadatic formula and quadratic factorisation?