• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
add 55 minutes to 2.4 hours, give your answer in hours and minutes?

kindly help plzplz

First convert 2.4 hrs into minutes and hours that is 2 hrs and for minutes 0.4 * 60 now u get the minutes and now simply add 55 minutes as u always do and get the answer hope its clear and i have not written utter rubbish :D

Reaction score

kindly help plzplz
so first we need to write 2.4 hrs as hrs.mins so lets do it we can easily say that there are 2 hours as they are a whole and hours are whole no. Now for minutes as we have only 0.4 hrs left so these are to be converted to minutes to complete our representation so we multiply 0.4 with 60 and get 24 minutes so now our hrs.minutes representation is 2 hrs and 24 minutes now u can easily add 55 to this im sure i dont need tp show this if still u wanna see please tell,ill help you ! :D

Reaction score

kindly help plzplz
Since you need final answer in hours (and minutes) , better to convert 55 minutes into hours!

it becomes 55/60 hrs = 0. 92 hrs

Add them:
= 0.92 + 2.4
= 3.32 hrs

that means
3 hours and (0.32 hours)
OR
3 hours and (0.32*60) minutes

= 3 hrs and 19 minutes

P.S : 0.32 is a rounded value, use the value in your calculator!

Reaction score
I need help with trigonometry in add math. Um firstly, how is cosec^2A equal to cosecA - 1?
Also, it says [in the marking scheme of a question] that cos(2A) is the same as 1-sin^2A. Isn't cos^2(2A) equal to the latter? :S

Reaction score
I need help with trigonometry in add math. Um firstly, how is cosec^2A equal to cosecA - 1?
Also, it says [in the marking scheme of a question] that cos(2A) is the same as 1-sin^2A. Isn't cos^2(2A) equal to the latter? :S

for the marking schme thing can u show us the MS which years was it :D

For the first ques is it like we have to prove that cosec^2 A = cosecA - 1 then its easy :D

Reaction score
for the marking schme thing can u show us the MS which years was it :D

For the first ques is it like we have to prove that cosec^2 A = cosecA - 1 then its easy :D

Haha it's not a question. Cosec A - 1 replaces cosec^2 A, but yeah how do you solve it and prove the two to be equal? :)
The question's not from the past papers. It's from this book I have.

Reaction score
Haha it's not a question. Cosec A - 1 replaces cosec^2 A, but yeah how do you solve it and prove the two to be equal? :)
The question's not from the past papers. It's from this book I have.

You are using that same book of those chinese or thai authors right,tell me the page ill solve it i think u are telling something wrong here :D Plus ill check it by doing it on paper sitting trying to do in front of the computer is seriously hard :D

Reaction score
No no. It's this book my school gave me. I don't know the name, it has a hard cover :p this isn't a proper question but, could you tell me how cosec 2 A could be of the same value as cosec ^2 A. I'm pretty sure knowing that could sort out my confusion :LOL:

Also, does anybody have notes on loci and/or vectors? :D

Reaction score
No no. It's this book my school gave me. I don't know the name, it has a hard cover :p this isn't a proper question but, could you tell me how cosec 2 A could be of the same value as cosec ^2 A. I'm pretty sure knowing that could sort out my confusion :LOL:

Also, does anybody have notes on loci and/or vectors? :D

dont think there is any way Cosec^2 A can go and form Cosec 2 A are u sure u are not misinterpreting the question because if it is just like this in your book then ur book has a serious problem

Reaction score
Can anyone solve this
The product of two consecutive odd numbers is 10 more than the square of smaller number. Find both the numbers

Reaction score
The steps are-
Two consecutive numbers means they r next to each other...the difference between two consecutive odd nos is 2
So let the first odd number be x and the larger odd number be x+2
Now make a equation
The product= 10+ the smaller number squared
X(x+2)=10+x^2
X^2+2x=10+x^2
2x=10
X=5
The smaller number is 5 and the larger is 5+2=7

Hoope I helped ;)

Reaction score
After the initiative taken by Math_angel in the IGCSE section, I have made this topic for students of O'levels. You can post any question or any problem here and me along with other XPF users will try to help you as soon as possible. This topic is a feasible option as it won't bring a hassle of making new topics for every question and it will also allow the helpers to not miss any of your questions and have one common topic for answering your Mathematics queries.

So start posting your problems. :)
Hey! I am having a problem solving this question. Please help me out.
5(m-2n)-(m-2n)(m-2n)