• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I really don't know. I didn't do as well as I was hoping but same was the case with P1 last year. I came out expecting a 'b' but Alhamdulillah I got an 'a'.
So yeah, don't know what to expect :) CIE can surprise me with the results :p

What about you?
bt p1 was alot easier... i cud answer everything...bt in today's paper i really dnt knw wht i did in the last part( qs 9 n 10)

Reaction score
bt p1 was alot easier... i cud answer everything...bt in today's paper i really dnt knw wht i did in the last part( qs 9 n 10)

Oh it's ok. Everything happens for your good :) Don't think too much about it. Better to concentrate on the remaining papers. At least that's what I'm gonna do.

Reaction score
Alright! My fellow mathematicians :p I'm done with Math so I'll be off now.
Nice getting to know you all ! :)

Reaction score
How was your p.32 guyz?

for me first 8 questions where good..

but last two questions where horrible!!!

ddnt have a problem with time..

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Mathematics (9709)/9709_s11_qp_61.pdf
Q4 (ii) can someone explain this please !?
actually i got the answer by doing ( 11!/5! x 4! x 2!) but why do we do this and why not 5P5 x 4P4 x2P2 ) ?
oh its because since all the presents are going to be distributed among 11 players so 11! and then dividing the presents 5 pens = 5!, 4 diaries= 4!, 2 notebooks = 2!
so you have 11! / 5! x 4! x 2!
the purpose of factorial ' ! ' is that it works like 11 x 10 x 9 x 8 x .... as the players get the gifts the total number of gifts and the players waiting to recieve the gift decreases..
do you get it?

Reaction score
how was it ppl!
awful :( the last 2 questions were hell !!!
the stupid complex number thing wasnt even printed properly.. it said the Re > 0.. which was supposed to mean that the real part was greater than zero.. WTH !? was i supposed to guess that Re meant real part?

Reaction score
how was it ppl!

the stupid complex number thing wasnt even printed properly.. it said the Re > 0.. which was supposed to mean that the real part was greater than zero.. WTH !? was i supposed to guess that Re meant real part?

sorry i sort of took it out on you :/ but it was sooo frustrating.. sorry anyways

Reaction score
the stupid complex number thing wasnt even printed properly.. it said the Re < 0.. which was supposed to mean that the real part was greater than zero.. WTH !? was i supposed to guess that Re meant real part?

Please don't discuss the questions yet :)
Just so you know, Re means real part is something you are supposed to know, not guess.

Reaction score
sue em !!

Reaction score
no u dint :) i understand... koi bt nhi giving s2 or m1?
accel actually.. s1 and m1 both.. 3 accels.. *sigh* m1 went very well though, and im hoping s1 will go smoothly as well.. i hope
i had 2 papers today which messed up the preperation for both.. and then i have two papers day after tomorrow as well :(

Reaction score
someone pleaaase give me s1 problems.. i need to solve problems !!! doesnt anybody have any s1 problems ? gimme gimmeeee !! :p i think im high on sugar :D