• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Ask questions which u have difficulties in and i would solve ! :)
Okay! now my internal exams are over, i have to concentrate on other subjects right now.
When i'll practice past exam papers, and if i have troubles, i shall tell you. Thanks a lot!

Reaction score
can someone who is a genius or knows this help me out...m stuck!!!!PURE MATHEMATICS 2 and 3 a LEVELS!!!!PLZZZ ATTACH A SCAN IF POSSIBLE.....PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......YA YOU!!!:)

Attachments

• IMG_0133.JPG
    IMG_0133.JPG
    262.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0135.JPG
    IMG_0135.JPG
    291.2 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
can someone who is a genius or knows this help me out...m stuck!!!!PURE MATHEMATICS 2 and 3 a LEVELS!!!!PLZZZ ATTACH A SCAN IF POSSIBLE.....PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......YA YOU!!!:)
iT IS CHAPTER 3 THATS LOGARITHSMS....HELPE PLZZZ ASAP!!!:)

Reaction score
iT IS CHAPTER 3 THATS LOGARITHSMS....HELPE PLZZZ ASAP!!!:)
I'm sorry i'm very short of time. I tried to solve only question 6 and 10 (a) since you need solutions very quickly.
I would request u to post again the values for numbers 7 and 8 because the powers are not well visible.
See attached file and if i've got the wrong answer, please do tell me, i'll go through it again.
For question 10, follow the same steps for the other parts.

Attachments

• 6 n 10a.doc
    20 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Show that the points (7,12), (-3,-12) and (14,-5) lie on a circle with centre (2,0).

help please :)

Reaction score
Show that the points (7,12), (-3,-12) and (14,-5) lie on a circle with centre (2,0).

points lieing on a circle means the distance from the centre to these points will be same.
check that out prove that out.(y)

Reaction score
All these questions have the same logic:

Q4 : Put the expression for Sn and equate it to 3 million in question4

As for the other questions, show me your working , i will pinpoint the mistake, its lengthy and i dont have a scanner !

Reaction score

If the three points lie on the circumference of a circle there distances from the centre (2,0) must be same [RADIUS ]

Find the distance b/w (7,12) and (2,0)

Find the distance b/w (-3,-12) and (2,0)

Find the distance b/w (14,-5) and (2,0)

These three distances must be same!

Reaction score
O is the center of the sector OAB. CD is another arc, with center O and radius r cm. DB = 2cm. If the area of ABDC is one-third the area of the sector OCD find the value of r ?
I don't know how to answer this , so could u help ? :)

Reaction score
O is the center of the sector OAB. CD is another arc, with center O and radius r cm. DB = 2cm. If the area of ABDC is one-third the area of the sector OCD find the value of r ?
I don't know how to answer this , so could u help ? :)
I replied in the conversation but assuming you didn't get it, i'm doing it here again :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?sd06xlzb4x2tcft <= This was the plan diagram i made.
Now for the solution!
The area of OCD = 1/2 * r^2 * theta
The area of OAB = 1/2 * (r + 2)^2 * theta
So,
area of ABDC = 1/2 * (4r + 4) * theta
Now if you equate area of ABDC to 1/3 area of OCD
you'll get
r^2 - 12r - 12 = 0
and the answer the calculator gives after solving is 12.93
:)