• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
For Modulus questions , i get the two values of X which the questions asks ..
however when i try to write the inequality i dont get it !
is there any rule to write the inequalty because sometimes they give ranges as ans and sometimes ... or ,,,,
if the answer is
x<k or x>k+m

where k and m are constants and the purpose is that x is lesser than k and x is greater than a number greater than k. this is also a range.... just that it is n the extremes and not between 2 extremes.

if instead the inequalities are k<x<k+m then we get the thing that u are calling 'range' and this lies between the extremes.

furthermore, u decide the range by looking at ur answer.
e.g. if u are getting the answers:
x>k
x>m
(or any other answers really) just plot them on a numberline and see where they overlap. that will be ur answer. for further confirmation make sure to put a number from the answering range into the equation in the question to check if u were right. do check numbers by putting them into the equation to confirm that u have the correct range.

i hope that was not too confusing.
:))

Reaction score
if the answer is
x<k or x>k+m

where k and m are constants and the purpose is that x is lesser than k and x is greater than a number greater than k. this is also a range.... just that it is n the extremes and not between 2 extremes.

if instead the inequalities are k<x<k+m then we get the thing that u are calling 'range' and this lies between the extremes.

furthermore, u decide the range by looking at ur answer.
e.g. if u are getting the answers:
x>k
x>m
(or any other answers really) just plot them on a numberline and see where they overlap. that will be ur answer. for further confirmation make sure to put a number from the answering range into the equation in the question to check if u were right. do check numbers by putting them into the equation to confirm that u have the correct range.

i hope that was not too confusing.
:))

still not coming onto my brain :p
try any one
upload_2014-4-13_19-19-38.png

upload_2014-4-13_19-20-40.png

I know how ti find x xalues , tell me how the inequalities are going to be > ...

Reaction score
Integration of 4/3x-2 .... I know it's simple but just can't get it :( .
I think answer is indefinite, Not possible!
Right?
Also derivative of 4/3x+2, i get a different answer :/

Last edited:
Reaction score
shouldn't it be (4/3)ln(3x-2) ?? becz the derivative of 3x-2 is 3 right?? so we need to multiply and divide by 3...??
No buddy we need the integral and integral of 1/x is lnx here we have 4 on the denominator so we will take 4 out the question basically can be split in

4×1/3x-2=4ln(3x-2)

Reaction score
How to know if its going to be range , or ( or inequality ) ?

Attachments

• upload_2014-4-13_19-19-38.png
    upload_2014-4-13_19-19-38.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 14
  • upload_2014-4-13_19-20-40.png
    upload_2014-4-13_19-20-40.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Well, atleast he tried to help... he can still make mistakes. It´s up to the receiver to believe what is being told to him/her and this usually comes from believing in yourself, researching and obviously by simply looking how confident the answer you are telling to him/her looks like.