• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Might help

• Find the product AB for the following matrices:

• mult06.gif

To calculate AB, I write down A and B next to each other like this:

Now I need to multiply the ROWS of A by the COLUMNS of B. By this I mean that I first take the first row of A and the first column of B, and I multiply the first entries, then the second entries, and then the third entries, and then I add the three products. The sum is one entry in the product matrix AB; in fact, being the product of row 1 and column 1, the result is the 1,1-entry of AB. Then I continue in like manner. For instance, the sum of the products from row 2 of A and column 1 of B is the 2,1-entry of AB.

When I multiply matrices, I use my fingers to keep track of what I'm doing. The following animation is my attempt to illustrate this process. (Don't laugh; I'm no artist!)
hand_ani.gif

• (Now, class; what did I say about laughing?)

The final answer is:

• mult08.gif

Reaction score
Can someone please help me solve these all variant 22, November2004 Q 19 , Q8 andQ16 may 2010 and Q17 may2009 ( how do I do transformation if the centre isn't (0,0)?) . I'm sorry they are a lot , thanks in advance. If you please have notes about transformations I'll be very grateful

Attachments

• Q19 002.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • Q19 003.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5