• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can someone please help me with this question i'm really confused ... this is 0580_w07_qp_2 plus thers's no proper answer in the marking scheme :(Capture.JPG

Reaction score
Capture.JPG

Can Someone please help me in this question its confusing plus theres no proper answer in the marking scheme.
BTW,this is an IGCSE question 0580_w07_qp2

Reaction score
best fit means that you plot on the points that are making sense and ignore any point that is either out of the way or is changing and ruining the shape of the graph.
Thank you ! :D Btw do we have to take the mean of the points and plot a line that passes over it ?? :)

Reaction score
Can someone please help me with the this: Question 9(b)
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Mathematics (0580)/0580_w06_qp_2.pdf
It's a sequence question, the answer in the ms is 360x^2. I just can't find the method to it or it's nth term.

Thanks in advance.
Hey :)
So specially in sequences you need to pay lots of attention towards the numbers and the question itself. First of all they didn't ask you for the nth term so no need to find, it is even difficult to find it. However for the first sequence you need to add the two preceding terms. The second one , the powers of x decrease by one as you go further therefore it will be x^2 . Moving on to the numbers, if you divide 120 by 30 you get 4 , if you divide 30 by 6 you get 5 and finally if you divide 6 by 1 you get six. So the number get multiplied by numbers which go on decreasing by 1

Therefore if you multiply 120 by 3 you get 360. And as the powers decrease you get x^2 . Put them together you get 360x^2 . :)

Reaction score
Hey :)
So specially in sequences you need to pay lots of attention towards the numbers and the question itself. First of all they didn't ask you for the nth term so no need to find, it is even difficult to find it. However for the first sequence you need to add the two preceding terms. The second one , the powers of x decrease by one as you go further therefore it will be x^2 . Moving on to the numbers, if you divide 120 by 30 you get 4 , if you divide 30 by 6 you get 5 and finally if you divide 6 by 1 you get six. So the number get multiplied by numbers which go on decreasing by 1

Therefore if you multiply 120 by 3 you get 360. And as the powers decrease you get x^2 . Put them together you get 360x^2 . :)

Impressive, that makes sense, I have no idea how I would notice of such a pattern in my upcoming exams(this year).
Tango Mike

Reaction score
Hi! umm im having difficulty solving this question,
The scale of a map is 1: 1000. What are the actual dimensions of a rectangle which appears as 4cm by 3cm on the map? What is the area on the in cm^2? What is the actual area in m^2?

Reaction score
Dear Friends,

The very tough journey has now come to an end.

www.studyresourcecentre.in is a platform where you can find all valuable and helpful notes for Cambridge University Examinations.Presently it has a variety of study materials for the Cambrdige IGCSE/O levels and International AS and A levels. The very difficult task of searching for unnecessary notes and wasting your time has now ended.Now you get the opportunity to download as many materials as you want as we have taken years to gather these resources just for you, download at one click and the best of all is it’s files highlighted in RED. Mystudyresource centre includes various Solved past papers,Typed notes,Courseworks,Projects,Case study answers,Long essays,crosswords,ppts and more….

It’s of immense joy to announce you that our website has been launched today.So,so you can share our website to your friends and colleagues and help them because “Sharing is caring”.A very happy New Year in advance.Happy 2014. So what are you waiting for?? Click: www.studyresourcecentre.in

--Parth Mehta--